Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
Inactive Account

camera straps

hi guys ive been looking for a shoulder strap for my k30, im amazed at how little choice there seems to be, looked at a jjc and everyone seems to think there weak on the mount so thats put me off those, cant really see alot else out there around the 20 mark, can anybody recommend one??

03-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Strong and affordable with one side non slip and quick release swivels:

Domke 1.5" Web Camera Strap with Swivel Quick 742-1BK B&H

I love mine.

Made in the USA.
03-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I gave up on neck and shoulder straps in favor of the OP/TECH USA E-Z Grip Strap (Black). This fits snug around the back of my right hand and properly adjusted, allows just enough movement to reach the shutter and exposure compensation buttons. The real advantage is that walking around, its just an extension of my hand. I don't notice the weight of the camera and lens, whereas I was always uncomfortable with the weight around my neck, especially with telephoto lenses. Another addtion was to use the Camdapter Manfrotto Adapter as the lower strap connection as this now allows me to clip straight onto the tripod and I don't have awkward straps getting in the way all the time.

03-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm in the odd position of having to agree with both of the above posts. The Domke strap is far superior to any neck strap I've seen - it's the right width, has swivel fasteners and the gripper lining thing - like all Domke products, it's great. But after one too many near-disasters with the camera hanging around my neck (you bend over slightly, forgetting that it's there, and nearly whack something hard with it), I gave up neck straps altogether. I use an Op-Tech wrist strap, and I don't pick the camera up without putting my hand through it first. It's comfortable enough walking with it in my hand and it's always at the ready. If I'm going to be walking for miles, I carry the camera in a small shoulder bag for part of the hike.

03-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
would like it to hang a waist height i dont think the domke is long enough though not to keen on the other one but thanks for the feedback
03-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TGoode Quote
would like it to hang a waist height i dont think the domke is long enough though not to keen on the other one but thanks for the feedback
Unless youre over 9ft tall the Domke should be able to allow your beltbuckle to scratch the camera screen just fine.
03-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got a Carry Speed FS1. Love it. Very secure, easy to unhook for tripod use, extremely comfortable.

03-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm still using original Pentax LX straps, they suit me because they're long, thin, black and have no loud high coloured logos on them.

I even managed to buy one BNIB off eBay not that long ago.
03-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dshombert Quote
I use an Op-Tech wrist strap, and I don't pick the camera up without putting my hand through it first. It's comfortable enough walking with it in my hand and it's always at the ready. If I'm going to be walking for miles, I carry the camera in a small shoulder bag for part of the hike.
What if you are holding the camera and suddenly find that you need both of you paws free? (Note: me bear don't have hands).

I use sort of an Op/Tech paw strap too ("sort of" because it is from Op/Tech parts, but not something Op/Tech markets as a paw strap). But when I can't hold the camera in my paw, I always have an Op/Tech sling strap ready -> link to post.
03-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
Pentaxian

It seems eBay is full of neck straps. I got a Kata Reflex C neoprene strap, and I love it (especially the two pockets for memory cards built-in) but any neoprene strap should do fine. They're strong, comfortable, and cheap.
03-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
SJo

When I bought the *50-135 lens strap problem has become urgent.
03-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #12

Have a lot of these: OP/TECH USA Envy Strap (Forest Green) 3819332 B&H Photo Video

They come in colors, black, red, etc., but I have grown to like the green; it's not a bright green, rather subdued, and "co-ordinates" nicely with the green ring on Pentax lenses, plus very inexpensive It is longer than most, too, and very adjustable. You can, with the thin end straps, still wrap around your wrist, plus the padded part detaches if you wish to get it out of the way.
03-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Made mine from a Pink Floyd guitar strap , wife knows how to sew, and it's wide. It has the clips that came on my ME Super. I don.t wonder around in public with my gear, only do nature, so theft in not an issue. Thats why you insure your stuff. Also where I go I carry a .45 for protection from wild hogs. They don,t steal.
03-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Majikat, love to see your setup with the .45