Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Camera Bag Help

I'm looking for a good bag to hold say 4 lenses and my camera and a few walk around things to go into the bag also, I have a hard case that hauls everything in my car but would like a smaller bag for walking. You can see my stuff.

[/QUOTE]

03-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #2

How about something like a Domke F2?
03-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The wife would kill me if I spent over a 100 bucks on a camera bag when I have a hard case too. Anyone have this case from Pentax?
85120 Pentax DSLR Sling Bag for Small & Medium Sized Lenses & One Body, Black Nylon with Red Logo
03-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi - I use an F2 that I bought for $65 used (in great shape) and it would hold everything there but the tripod.

03-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I have this bag Lowepro - SlingShot 200 AW I have my Kit lens mounted on the camera, Tamron 70-300, SMC-M 50MM F1.4, Tokina 28MM F2.8 in the camera compartment, there is a compartment on top where I keep a flash, remote, blower brush, filters, etc. a compartment in front for SD cards and smaller stuff too. I like it, but not sure if it will suit your needs. I believe I paid around $80.00 for it from Amazon.com...

Last edited by Stratman; 03-02-2008 at 03:30 PM.
03-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just got my Pentax bag on Friday (finally). Pretty much everything you have pictured would fit but the pods...and that long lens may not find a home. Measure it and compare it to the dimensions given. My FA 80-320 will only fit in the top. The Rocket would have to stay at home, and you might have to sacrfice something to fit the flash as it looks like it would only fit in the very top.

This is just an educated guess on my part...
03-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member

How about one of these?

Judging by the pics, you should be able to get 4 additional lenses into these bags addition to your body and another lens...
M-ROCK » Catalog » Square Camcorder & SLR Gadget Bags » 517
If you need something just a little bigger...
M-ROCK » Catalog » Square Camcorder & SLR Gadget Bags » 518
If you would rather get a sling bag type of bag then one of these might work...
M-ROCK » Catalog » Backpacks & Sling-bags » 528
M-ROCK » Catalog » Backpacks & Sling-bags » 527

If you order directly from the website, you'll get 15% off the listed price, plus the shipping isn't outrageous, either.

While M-Rock isn't as well known as some names out there, they put out a good quality, versatile bag. With the more traditional bags, you can use them as shoulder bags, front packs, backpacks, and waist packs if you get the separate accessory belt. If you need just a little more space, it is possible to attach smaller bags and pouches to the sides of the bag or the accessory belt.

Anyway, hope that helps.
Heather

03-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you need to decide if the case holds all your kit, or a subset.

I use a lowprow Small photo backpack,

It can hold my K10D, *istD, Sigma 10-20, Pentax 18-35, Tamron 28-75 F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8, plus 2 sigma TCs 1.4x abd 2x Plus Af540FGZ flash.

There is space for my chargers, extra batteries filters first aid kit etc.

If I don't take the 70-200 and the TC's I have a lowprow shoulder bag.

If I want to add my 300F4 plus 1.7xAF TC, and several of my MF lenses and a second flash, I take a larger Lowepro bag. (this is usually if I am going to a secure location and can leave some behind when I go out.
03-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I think you need to decide first what kind of bag do you want to carry - sling, shoulder or backpack. Know the pros and cons for each type of design, then narrow down your choices from there.
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What I was thinking was carrying everything to the site in my Hard Case except the long lens. Then putting a few lenses and the camera into a light bag. Thanks for all the suggestions but all I need is something small I guess, I think I can find a bag for my Tripod and Monopod.
03-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #11
Ed in GA

Pentax Sling Bag

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
The wife would kill me if I spent over a 100 bucks on a camera bag when I have a hard case too. Anyone have this case from Pentax?
85120 Pentax DSLR Sling Bag for Small & Medium Sized Lenses & One Body, Black Nylon with Red Logo
Yes, I have it.

As you probably know, or have seen from the photos, the pentax bag has 3 compartments.

Here's what I have in mine.

In the center section, I have the K10D w/grip and with the DA 16-45 attached. There is a partitioned compartment in which I have my FA 50mm f/1.4 and Kalt hood with a large bag of dessicant at the botton of that compartment.

I the lower compartment, I have a DA 50-200, a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro and CPLs 52, 62 and 67mm.

In the top is the Tamron 70-300 along with the FA 35 f/2 and some cleaning cloths.

There is a small compartment on the inside of the flap on the top compartment in which I have two extra batteries for the K10D.

There is a small zippered compartment on the front of the center section. I have 1 CPL (49mm in case), a lens pen, note pad, Pen and the cable switch.

As you can imagine, having all of that makes the bag quite heavy.

If you're trying to get everything in your photo into a bag, the Pentax Sling bag probably won't work for you.

Ed
03-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Ed In Ga I just ordered the Pentax DSLR Sling Bag for Small & Medium Sized Lenses for 54.95 all I need to do is put 4 lenses and my camera and some small stuff into it.
03-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #13

For what it's worth:

Amazon.com: Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG for Canon EOS SLR Cameras (Black with Greenish Accent): Electronics

I know it says Canon on it, but looks like it would hold all of the gear you have in the picture, including the mono and tripods. 'Course, it might give you a hernia as well!

I got mine last week. Holds an incredible amount of stuff and the quality is good. Not bad for about $37 and free shipping... Best Buy has the same bag for around $80.

-Matt
03-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks .. But I think I would rather stay loyal to Pentax... I start my Blues Festival photo shooting next month, and with all the Nikanons that are there I like to be different. And as I said I'm not carrying all that stuff to the shows in my hands, just a few lenses and some small stuff the small pentax bag will do just right, The local air show is coming the end of this month too. Can't wait to try my new lenses there.
03-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Got my new case today. It works out perfect.