Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #1

Joby...Ultra Fit Sling Strap

Camera Straps: UltraFit Sling Strap for Men by JOBY

And they make one to fit women

Damn, I wish I had one of these in the late 70's to lug around the K1000 and the Vivitar zoom.

This thing is great to get both hands free.....but it is not for everybody.....it is perfect for my needs to walk in the woods, stroll down the street, hang around the car shows or just read the news paper waiting for the next shot.

03-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use the Optech.

OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling
03-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You see the strap sliding over the shoulders in the video.
03-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Cuz

Original Poster
Wow...just ordered the OP/TECH....I will use one for the camera and the other for the Ruger Mark III

03-23-2013, 04:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I went for this one a year ago. Luma Loop V2

Expensive but it's high quality and finish, it's also lower profile then the rest.
The leather padding also forms to your shoulder over time increasing comfort and fit.
really liking the strap.
03-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Been using this one for a couple of years now. $12.

I have 2 of these, one for each body. I've reinforced the stitching with a sewing machine & upholstery thread as a precaution, but they've been fine. Plate that mounts to the camera is heavy steel, and the locking carabiner also seems quite sturdy.
12-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
I had a Black Rapid, then switched to a Carry Speed sling strap because the Black Rapid didn't work so well with arca swiss tripod plates. But the Carry Speed is a bit bulky I think. Still, it is the most comfortable solution I have tried.

12-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I second that. I have a Carry Speed and an Op/Tech. The CS is most comfortable for hands free, walking around, camera doesn't swing around and the swiss plate stays put. The Op/Tech is comfortable as well but the camera does swing around while walking. I also have the Op/Tech wrist strap and usually keep it connected for the security when I disconnect the CS while keeping the sling strap across my shoulder. I also like the way you can cinch up the strap with one hand for a little tighter fit but easily, automatically extends while bringing the camera up for a shot. The only problem I've had with it is some of the neoprene has peeled around the vent holes in the padded strap. Other than that, it's been great and I would buy again. I do have the model with the folding base which makes it lay flat on it's bottom when set down and a little more convenient to pack in a bag.