Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Roob-N-Boots Quote
Another reason to get the Wasabi two battery/charger set is that it includes a European adaptor as well as a car adaptor for for the included charger, all for about $25 usd.
If I am traveling then I use adapters anyway. The extra bulk and having two parts to keep track of with the Pentax OEM charger is so 90s.

03-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The extra bulk and having two parts to keep track of with the Pentax OEM charger is so 90s.
retro is hot you know, just look at the phone chargers these days most consist out of 2 parts.
03-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks a bunch for the help everyone. A second charger sounds good to (especially a fast charger with car adapter so I can use it without a power inverter). I'm thinking the wasabi sounds pretty good. There seem to be a lot of good user reviews of them (and a few bad). I did read a thread where someone had a battery die after 6 months and the amazon seller honored the warranty for cost of shipping. I might get one or two of the ebay ones that excanonfd linked to (I'm bad at misplacing batteries and chargers which is one reason I hate proprietary batteries).
03-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
My old Panasonic P&S had a way of telling what battery was inserted (panasonics way of maximizing profit by forcing use of their branded battery). The Washabi brand battery was the only one that would work in the camera that was not sold by Panasonic. So far they have worked fine in all my cameras. All I can say is that Pentax does NOT make batteries.
Thats the way my old sony was. If it wasn't bad enough the camera was $800, then you get nailed $60 a piece for the batteries (reports on several forums stated that most aftermarket ones would not work right and the camera would just shut down with a full battery). I did manage to get 3 with a $ off x size purchase and got 3 for the low $40's ea. If that wan't bad enough, then I had to get a sony memory stick which was about $100 for a one gig (if I recall right it was double or more the cost of a CF card and there were only sony, lexar, or sandisk even made).

03-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
Thats the way my old sony was. If it wasn't bad enough the camera was $800, then you get nailed $60 a piece for the batteries (reports on several forums stated that most aftermarket ones would not work right and the camera would just shut down with a full battery). I did manage to get 3 with a $ off x size purchase and got 3 for the low $40's ea. If that wan't bad enough, then I had to get a sony memory stick which was about $100 for a one gig (if I recall right it was double or more the cost of a CF card and there were only sony, lexar, or sandisk even made).
I used to use Sony P&S cameras. The MS issue was a pain as was the battery issue. What broke me of the Sony habit was their changing of their firmware and going with a MUCH softer image straight out of their P&S cameras. Tried several a couple years ago and they could not touch my older Sony P&S cameras. That is what prompted me to go to Panasonic for my P&S. It languishes now because of my K-5, K-01 and mostly because of my Q
03-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I got 2 2000mAh no name batteries from ebay for my K30. I noticed that the one from ebay gave me much more shots than the Pentax one which included with the camera.