Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
Forum Member

K10D Battery Grip : Excellent add on!

I just received my grip today. At first I was worried it would be too heavy but it doesn't really feel too bad. In fact having the grip on does make the camera "feel" lighter and easier to handle because it improves the weight balance especially when used with the big DA* 50-135mm lens.

03-04-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love the grip as well. Had it on since getting it.
03-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

dammit you are gonna make me have to buy that thing!

might do it when i return one of my latest trial lenses, the 18-250 or 10-20.

i gotta say im not sold on the extra battery part-ive yet to change the battery during shooting. the storage for cards and the damn tiny remote, however, is what appeals to me
03-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Good to hear!

First time I played with the cam at a store, it felt too small without it (big hands). With the grip, it's soooooooo nice to hold. Best $100 spent

03-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have never (not even once) held the camera without the grip. It just feels sooooo good with the grip on it.

As a side benefit, people seem far more reluctant to "can I have a look?" with the grip and the 16-50 or 50-135 on the camera. Talk about bling!
03-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

A while ago, I saw that people had determined that the battery grip was contributing to problems with vertical pattern noise. Has that been solved?
03-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
A while ago, I saw that people had determined that the battery grip was contributing to problems with vertical pattern noise. Has that been solved?

thats a new one.....

never had that problem. and i've bought the grip as soon as it came out, as well as the k10 as soon as that came out.

never noticed anything w/ or w/o the grip

in fact..i love the grip so much, i bought one for the k20 too....

it's love

03-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
A have a vague memory that the pattern noise only happened with both batteries on at the same time. I set my camera to use the grip battery first. I have found no patterns in my shots (yet - there might be some yet).
03-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Matt, I run the grip with both batteries on (Auto select the battery with the best charge), and haven't seen a VPN problem. I have seen an occasional weirdness when the grip is switched on, however: my LCD review (set to five seconds) will shut down after only a second or two following taking the shot!

Otherwise, I love the looks, ergonomics, double battery, and storage for the remote and a spare SD card that others have mentioned. The camera really seems complete with the grip; not so much so without it, IMO.
03-05-2008, 02:23 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by christinelandon Quote
I have seen an occasional weirdness when the grip is switched on, however: my LCD review (set to five seconds) will shut down after only a second or two following taking the shot!.
That would be you accidentally bumping the battery grip shutter release button without you realizing; you're not the first one to experience this "weirdness"