Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #16

You might want to check out the Lowepro Event Messenger line. They come in 3 sizes, the : 100, 150 and 250. I have the 250 which is too large given your list of equipment. The 150 or 100 might suit your needs better.
Event Messenger | Lowepro

Regards

04-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paulelescoces Quote
I do like a lot the look of the Timbuk2, what size do you have and what fits in it?... looks to sell in XS, S, M sizes
I personally own the S, a colleague has the XS and I have handled a M in a store.

The XS will hold a camera with zoom lens (think 17-70, no more), a flash a a small prime.

My S holds (from left to right) the Pentax 60-250, K20D (sideways) with tripod plate and 17-70, DA21 under the grip, F50 (cold be replaced by DFA100 macro, the DA21 could go above or under either lens) next to my small accessories (lenspen, remote), and lastly AF540 flash. No lost space in there, everything is optimized but everything fits. The laptop pocket (which isn't padded on the external side) holds a filter wallet unfolded and I can slip my Asus tablet in there as well.

The filter wallet is like this:

The M is just huge.

I really like the fabric, craftsmanship, the large strap with great padding, the lock on the strap (to make it shorter as needed), the hooks for a tripod (not available on the XS) and the sturdy velcros (even with all that weigth, the clips are not needed). I also like the velcro straps which can be placed over the velcro tabs if you don't want to use them. The front pockets are a bit thin but still useful.

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
In another thread I started I was pointing out deficiencies in Photo Messenger bags I have seen/used/handled and someone suggested that the Tenba 638-235 Large Engraveable Messenger meet all my objections and exceeded them. In looking at it online it does appear to be a solid contender in addressing all my concerns over the ones I have seen to date.
The Tenba was on my short list of finalists before I went with the Snoop. What I didn't like was that it's thickerr and shorter, while I prefer my messenger bag to be slimmer and longer. But I agree that it's a very well made bag.

QuoteQuote:
You might want to check out the Lowepro Event Messenger line.
They are decent, but not as well made as the others, not as easy to customize, not enough pockets for me, in short cheaper.
04-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sol Invictus Quote
Billingham Hadley Pro. It doesn't look like a camera bag, it can take a beating and will last forever. And stylish to boot.
Second this. I have five or six Billinghams and my mostly used ones are still going strong after 25 years of abuse... And the Headleys are really nice bags.

Ben
04-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #19

I have the Click Elite Seeker which should fit your kit nicely. One lens on the camera, and the two lenses in the pockets on either side of the camera. I have the battery grip on my K5 and it makes a tight squeeze closing the zipper, but it does fit. I wore It around Disney for 10 days without any problems, was pretty comfortable. There is a nice venting system that kept my lower back pretty cool in the Florida heat. It will also hold a tripod.

After I bought more lenses and accessories, I got a Lowepro SlingShot 302. It fits most of my stuff really well, I just don't like the "sling" part of it. I wish I would have gotten a regular 2 strap backpack. Shortly after I strap it on, my back and shoulder start to hurt. I do have neck and back problems, so that could be part of the problem.

Both bags together make a pretty good travel kit so far. I leave the Slingshot in the hotel room and pack the Clik with the stuff I plan use for the day.

04-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
The Perfect Camera Bag
I've decided that it's actually the one that someone else carries for you and without complaints.
04-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I've decided that it's actually the one that someone else carries for you and without complaints.
Thats a Sherpa.

Last edited by Docrwm; 04-20-2013 at 09:04 PM.
04-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #22
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Thats a Sherpa
No use at all, they usually want paid.

04-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
No use at all, they usually want paid.
Wife then, perhaps?
04-21-2013, 03:41 AM   #24
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Wife then, perhaps?
That usually works out more expensive than paying for a Sherpa.
04-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Temba Large Messenger bag, it carries my K5 w/battery grip, DA15, 35 & 70 Limiteds easily and is well made at a pretty nice price. It doesn't scream camera bag either. I am also additionally carrying for the moment a FA*24, F100/2.8 macro and a FA50/2.8 macro with a Rocket Blower, and they all fit too though it is now full.
04-21-2013, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #26

I seem to remember an old saying in photography: There are two types of camera bags...too big or too small.
04-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #27

Original Poster
Thanks for the inputs, I finally went ahead and purchased a Timbuk2 Snoop XS + Deluxe Strap pad, should arrive next week so I will post some photos of how the gear fits when I have it setup.
04-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Thanks for the inputs, I finally went ahead and purchased a Timbuk2 Snoop XS + Deluxe Strap pad, should arrive next week so I will post some photos of how the gear fits when I have it setup.
I'm sure you'll be happy with it, you seem to have done your research well.
04-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #29

im using a passport sling II - black with red lining - which i can put my k5ii, 2 lenses, flash and other stuffs like wallet, phones, ipad. Plus i can remove the insert and use it as a daybag when im not carrying my gears.
04-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by ragdoll711 Quote
im using a passport sling II - black with red lining - which i can put my k5ii, 2 lenses, flash and other stuffs like wallet, phones, ipad. Plus i can remove the insert and use it as a daybag when im not carrying my gears.
that's my everyday bag, I have the I in military green color.
anyway the best all around camera bag is hands down the lowepro slingshot 202 aw and I've gone through a number.
I've walked hundreds of miles with it on my back and can't stop loving it