Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax GPS unit and flickr

I picked this up, and so far I'm finding the lock on times not as bad out in the field, but abysmal near any buildings. I've yet to do some astro with it, as thats a project for when I head out to the mountains in a couple of weeks.

However, my big issue right now is that I can see the GPS location info in Lightroom 4, but its not transfering that info into flickr. Even when using LR4 to upload to flickr. I checked my privacy settings, but still no geotagging showing up on the flickr maps.

anyone else seeing this, and how did you overcome it if you did?

05-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't do Flickr but in the export settings there is an option to strip location information. You might check that just in case LR4 is stripping the info on export.
05-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #3

Under Privacy and Permissions Defaults for New Uploads there are settings for:
Who will be able to see your stuff on a map
Import EXIF location data

These settings only affect new uploads. If these were not enabled when the the photo was uploaded the data will not be there if you enable it later. You probably have to re-upload the photos.
05-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Under Privacy and Permissions Defaults for New Uploads there are settings for:
Who will be able to see your stuff on a map
Import EXIF location data

These settings only affect new uploads. If these were not enabled when the the photo was uploaded the data will not be there if you enable it later. You probably have to re-upload the photos.
already tried that

it's affecting Google+ as well

I'llt ry the LR4 settings.

05-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

LR4 export or publish setting has a default to " remove location info". You have to uncheck that.

In flickr they also have a setting for removing location info too. You'll have to customise these setting too.

In flickr, what you can do is set up a "virtual fence" around the area you live so that if you post a photo taken from your back yard with GPS data in it, it will not display on the map (except to you or your "family" as you chose to set it).
I put one of those a few km radius around my house. The only thing I found is that the GPS info still loads the keyword for the location so my suburb name showed in the photo tags

I took this photo IMGP2482.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing! from my back yard. It doesn't show the precise map location to anyone but me when I'm logged in. I manually deleted the suburb name out of the tags on the front page but it's still there if you click through the exif data page.
05-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks . It was light room stripping the data on export. I gotta find the option for the publishing now. But I'm not as conceded about that. It's easier to organize and group photos using the Flickr uplooader