Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K-m/x field handling

I was wondering how hard and/or annoying is to use a Pentax K-m/x in the field when you can't see the where the focus points are active and locked. It would be like pushing the shutter release and hope for the best. And only the direct ISO button might (not completely sure) forgive such a huge omission ... or else Pentax K ist* DL/100/110/200D would be my only option for a AA powered DSLR.

05-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I guess you use multiple autofocus points. That is already kind of hoping for the best anyway, isnīt it?
If using AF, I just use the center point (center AF, recompose, shoot)
05-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
I guess you use multiple autofocus points. That is already kind of hoping for the best anyway, isnīt it?
If using AF, I just use the center point (center AF, recompose, shoot)
It's still guesswork until you learn to do it instinctively and still guesswork after that. One of the reason 3 years ago I went to Micro Four Thirds instead of Pentax K-m/x (because of limit budget) and now I want to go back to Pentax because of better weather sealing (overall) and cheaper (overall).

Now I'm in a search for a used Pentax DSLR that takes (native if possible) AA battery so I can use it for very long time lapse photography (days) so I can leave it in the field (hidden off course) when I will upgrade to something better.