Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Gear: Vest, caps, bag and T-shirt

Now I've found some Pentax logo gear to wear. Ok, I don't have the K-30, but It stills says "PENTAX" loud and proud!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by zantaphia; 07-04-2016 at 02:29 PM.
06-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I wouldn't mind one of those vests... Where did you find those?
06-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpartanD63 Quote
Hi! I searched online, and found them on Taobao (Chinese "Ebay").
Pentax/

I went to their physical shop in Beijing, maybe you can ask them if they ship worldwide?
06-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpartanD63 Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by zantaphia Quote
Hi! I searched online, and found them on Taobao (Chinese "Ebay").
Pentax/

I went to their physical shop in Beijing, maybe you can ask them if they ship worldwide?
If they don't ship worldwide, an option would be to get a plain vest and find some local place or business that does embroidery work.

Oh, and I do love that K-30 shirt; where's that one from?

06-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
If they don't ship worldwide, an option would be to get a plain vest and find some local place or business that does embroidery work.

Oh, and I do love that K-30 shirt; where's that one from?
Hi Julie! I found it in their physical shop, I also bought some red shirts with a "PENTAX" logo.
06-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
I did this with baseball caps. I went to a shop that makes custom ball caps for local teams. I picked out the hat and had them copy the logo from a web site. Got one each in tan, navy and black. They look official

. . .probably some kind of copyright infringement involved, but they'd have to find me first. . .

Scott
06-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
I did this with baseball caps. I went to a shop that makes custom ball caps for local teams. I picked out the hat and had them copy the logo from a web site. Got one each in tan, navy and black. They look official

. . .probably some kind of copyright infringement involved, but they'd have to find me first. . .

Scott
I think you're OK as long as you don't sell them. It used to be that stuff with company logos was cheaper/free swag because they wanted the advertising. Seems likely a lot of this stuff from China's just pirating the logo, but I suspect Pentax isn't too worried about that since they don't actually sell a lot of logo stuff themselves. Besides, we're Pentaxians. 'Standard issue' and 'popular brand prestige' are not our watchwords. Fussy, maybe. Practical, definitely.

Actually, Pentax USA could do worse than *buy* one of those cap-embroidery machines and offer to put their logo on things people send in with it. I wouldn't mind 'showing the colors' so to speak, at least if they were subdued and on something I'd use anyway.

06-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote

Scott
I'll tell them to look for you in here .
03-02-2014, 10:06 PM - 1 Like   #9

Pentax gear!

I was able to buy some Pentax logo gear from what's apparently the China equivalent of EBay; Taobao.com. On the site is a Pentax storefront with an impressively deep range of goods. With a check of the USD/Yuan exchange rate, I determined the electronics aren't much of a bargain. Unless you need an orange-colored 50mm lens, don't bother. I was looking for apparel. There are probably a dozen intermediary websites that cater to those of us who don't read or speak Chinese. I happened to go through Taobaofocus.com, but not for any particular reason. Theirs was a multiple-stage process: First, copy the url from the page of the merchandise you're interested in from Taobao to Taobao Focus (BTW, both Bing and Google's translations are horrible). After sending TF the necessary funds, they bought the stuff on my behalf. Upon their receipt, I send another payment to cover shipping. Just like many EBay transactions, I suspect the courier fees were somewhat inflated. But in fairness, I chose DHL over China Post and the lesser known (and probably less expensive) services. In the end, although I paid twice as much for shipping as I did for the actual goods, I found it to be a worthwhile experiment. No complaints. Your mileage may vary.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-TX9C  Photo