Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
┐Can you use a diopter with a dedicated macro lense?

hello, i was thinking in buying a diopter (lets say b+w +5 or +10) to use with a pentax d fa 100mm f2.8 wr to achieve a little more than 1:1.
┐Will this work? ┐will this afect the image quality?
┐is there a better way for achieving more than 1:1? (you can't use extension tubes with the d fa 100mm wr)

Thanks for the information.

06-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You mean to put it on the end of the lens? It probably will work, but it might be impractical and it probably will affect the IQ.
Why can't you use extension tubes?
I think there are some cool threads on this forums on how to get magnification over 1:1
Raynox is a good clip-on solution, people really praise it, saying it doesn't ruin IQ at all
06-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
You mean to put it on the end of the lens? It probably will work, but it might be impractical and it probably will affect the IQ.
Why can't you use extension tubes?
I think there are some cool threads on this forums on how to get magnification over 1:1
Raynox is a good clip-on solution, people really praise it, saying it doesn't ruin IQ at all
Hi, the lense doesnt have an aperture ring, which prevents use of bellows and extension tubes.

Do you think a raynox dcr 250 will help me achieving more than1:1 without loosing IQ?
can you use raynox + dedicated macro lense?
i dont mind if it's a little hard to use becouse normally 1:1 is enought and i would only use it in special ocations.