Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Windows Phone photographer utility apps

Not sure this is the appropriate forum for this question as it's software-related; however it's specific to applications used as tools to help take photos rather than process them, so I'm going to treat it as a 'field accessory' question.

I do a lot of landscape photog, and need to upgrade my ailing Droid 2 phone. I've been looking hard at the Windows phone system as I really like the UI, but wondered if any landscape photogs could comment on what the app ecosystem is like for the types of tools we like to use... things like sun/moon trackers, night sky maps, tidal charts, ND filter exposure calculators, etc. I know both iOS and android are pretty robust when it comes to this, but haven't heard much from the microsoft camp.

06-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
5 Photography Apps for Windows Phone 8
Might this be more or less what you have in mind?
06-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have a lumia 920 and Im afraid that the selection is very very sparse at the moment, I suspect that until market share increases, it will remain like this for a while. I love WP8, it is a really well thought out concept, luckily I have an android tablet so I have all the apps I want on that, so don't feel any regret over switching.
If apps are important to you, then stay on droid, but if you can get by with other means, then WP8 is excellent, or you could wait for the apps to arrive as well as the rumoured Nokia EOS model in July