Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Will Lowepro lens pouch 8cm x 6cm fit all Limited lenses?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get myself a Lowepro lens pouch. I had a look at the 9cm x 9cm model and all my limited lenses fit into the pouch fine...but it also roll a little inside the pouch. I couldn't find the 8cm x 6cm model in the store and now wishes to buy this online....only thing is that I am not sure if this will fit my lenses?

I have the DA15, DA21, DA35 and DA70,

Will this fit?

Thanks

06-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

This question looks like if you wanted someone to make your homework. Go to the lens database and see what the height and diamater of your lens is. the lens case is 8cm diameter by 6cm tall
06-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No need to be rude..... I know the diameter and height of my lenses. I measured them. It seems the lens case 8 x 6 will fit. But I would like to know if it fits snugly or fit well.
06-15-2013, 01:30 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Ups, really sorry. I just read my comment and it does sound kind of rude. Didnīt mean to.
QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
But I would like to know if it fits snugly or fit well.
All your lenses have a 6,3cm diameter. So they will be quite loose.

This is my F28, that has a diameter of 6,8cm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs7an4di2pi6efg/2013-06-15%2005.12.44.jpg

06-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No worries Carriangas. Thanks for the picture in dropbox. I can see now that the limited lenses will be loose indeed but it is a lot better than the 9 x 9 lens pouch that I tried at the store. I will order the 8 x 6 lens pouch anyway. Thanks again.
06-15-2013, 01:40 AM   #6

Try a lensbaby lens case. I have my DA Limiteds in one and they fit pretty well (to be specific, a DA15, 40 & 70 plus a Sigma 28 mini wide which I no longer have since acquiring the FA31!). The internal velcro straps stop the lenses bumping against each other.

An easy way to carry and access these lenses while you are out and about.

It's too small to fit my FA31 though, but that is a good bit larger.

As a bonus, the case wasn't very expensive.

Lensbaby System Bag

Last edited by percy; 06-15-2013 at 01:45 AM.
06-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by percy Quote
Try a lensbaby lens case. I have my DA Limiteds in one and they fit pretty well (to be specific, a DA15, 40 & 70 plus a Sigma 28 mini wide which I no longer have since acquiring the FA31!). The internal velcro straps stop the lenses bumping against each other.

An easy way to carry and access these lenses while you are out and about.

It's too small to fit my FA31 though, but that is a good bit larger.

As a bonus, the case wasn't very expensive.

Lensbaby System Bag
Thanks Percy. I will certainly look into that one.

06-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What about Pentax's dedicated Limited case? I got a small case from Adorama that is their brand that came with an insert sleeve. Without the sleeve it takes my larger primes fine, with the sleeve my limiteds dont rattle around inside. Might take a look at one of those.
06-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Doc for that suggestion. I STF and found the pouch for limited lens before but feel that this pouch is only really suitable for the safekeeping and transport of the lenses....not so much for field use as there might be a tendency for the lenses to be dislodged from the pouch falling into the ground. I am looking for a compact lens pouch to carry the limited lens in the field.
06-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Thanks Doc for that suggestion. I STF and found the pouch for limited lens before but feel that this pouch is only really suitable for the safekeeping and transport of the lenses....not so much for field use as there might be a tendency for the lenses to be dislodged from the pouch falling into the ground. I am looking for a compact lens pouch to carry the limited lens in the field.
No problem. I solved that problem with small velcro strips inside the case that retain the lenses in place. The interior is made of a cushion material similar to the non-hook side of velcro, so the hooks on the velcro adhere very well indeed to it thereby making a secure retaining strap for each individual lens. Good luck in your hunt.
06-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
What about Pentax's dedicated Limited case? I got a small case from Adorama that is their brand that came with an insert sleeve. Without the sleeve it takes my larger primes fine, with the sleeve my limiteds dont rattle around inside. Might take a look at one of those.
That case is just dang hard to dig up, except for on the continent in the middle of that big pond.

I asked in Japan and was told that it was just an "overseas model", and I googled around and didn't find anywhere where it was up for sale in Europe either.

And, customs from US->Europe just bites....*sulk*
06-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
That case is just dang hard to dig up, except for on the continent in the middle of that big pond.

I asked in Japan and was told that it was just an "overseas model", and I googled around and didn't find anywhere where it was up for sale in Europe either.

And, customs from US->Europe just bites....*sulk*
Really sorry about that, it was the brain child of the former Pentax US CEO so I can understand why its viewed as an overseas model by those on the Home Islands.
06-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #13

I was after one of the Pentax 'Limiteds' cases as well, but despite the fact that it was costly to start with, delivery and import costs to the UK made it ridiculously expensive. The US seems to be the only place it is sold. Hence the 'lensbaby' case at a fraction of the cost, which does the job perfectly adequately.