Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Triggertrap problems

Has anyone else purchased a Triggertrap?

I just got mine yesterday. I intended to run the app on my Nexus 7 tablet (Android 4.2.2)...and the app seems to run fine, but my camera (K-30 ver.1.04) ignores it. When I use the simplest function (cable release), and press the button, the shutter & focus lights on the tablet come on and there is a clicking sound through the Nexus 7's speakers.

So I installed the app on my old HTC Incredible (Android 2.3). With the same above actions, the first press causes the camera to focus, the send press causes the shutter to trip. But I prefer to use my tablet.

I have double-checked and the volume on the Nexus 7 is turned to maximum, plugging in headphones shows the port is working, and the settings allow an application to control sound.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of on line support for Triggertrap; just an email address. Who knows how long that will take to get a response? I'm am hoping somebody here has had experience with the Android version and can make some suggestions.

06-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Like most of these headphone adapters, it uses that 3rd position. The N7 doesn't have control of that 3rd position. Same issue w/ the Square credit card adapter...

I have a Triggertrap dongle tool...and the external standalone timelapse/lightning trigger device (which works fine).
06-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Like most of these headphone adapters, it uses that 3rd position. The N7 doesn't have control of that 3rd position. Same issue w/ the Square credit card adapter...

I have a Triggertrap dongle tool...and the external standalone timelapse/lightning trigger device (which works fine).
Actually the Triggertrap dongle doesn't even have the 3+ground headset plug; it only has a 3.5mm stereo output headphone plug. So it would ignore the extra ring in a jack that supports a 3+ground plug type for mic input and stereo output. And that leaves me still questioning why the dongle works with my phone but not my tablet?