Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
In Western Canada, Alberta where we are going particularly, there were massive floods last week, so lots and lots of nasty flying things are out there. We're going to be within an hour's drive of Calgary. Massive flooding and severe damage.
Yes the mosquitoes arrived as the flood waters receeded. Before the flood no bites at home and during our evacuation none but within days of being home unbearable in the yard and everywhere else. The heat will do them in here but further west it does not get as warm. We were not actually affected other than being away from the house for almost 4 days.

07-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I see you have visited this part of the world.
Yes, but it is also the responsibility of Canadians to portrait the north, (and northern ontario or other parts of canada, are similar to Michigan) as bug ridden in the summer, all 2 months of it, and a frozen wasteland thew remaining 10 months of the year.
07-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Yes, but it is also the responsibility of Canadians to portrait the north, (and northern ontario or other parts of canada, are similar to Michigan) as bug ridden in the summer, all 2 months of it, and a frozen wasteland thew remaining 10 months of the year.
Michigan Technological University is just down the road (I is an graduate a few years back). A common prank is to tell incoming freshmen that the area is north of the Arctic Circle - it is amazing how many believe it.

We can hear the dialect difference, but when travelling, my wife and I are often mistaken as Canadians from our speech patterns. It's a nice compliment.
07-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #34
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
We can hear the dialect difference, but when travelling, my wife and I are often mistaken as Canadians from our speech patterns. It's a nice compliment.
That's what it's all aboot, eh?

07-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Ya, you betcha, eh?
07-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #36
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
A guy I am acquainted with who has been to Deadhorse, Alaska a few times tells me the mosquitoes up there are so big that they saddle and ride them.

Ya, you betcha, eh?
Oh ya!