Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
looking for a nice BIG bag branded Pentax

so, I am looking for a BIG bag - the layout doesn't really matter but it needs to hold two bodies and about 6 lenses plus other stuff - but I'd really like it to have "PENTAX" on it, even if it's not actually real Pentax.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

07-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I'm no lens bag guru, but I would get any big bag and put one of those conference stickers on it. You know, the ones that say:

HELLO
my name is
PENTAX

Last edited by scratchpaddy; 07-17-2013 at 07:52 AM.
07-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #3

Original Poster
thanks. kinda looking for a bit more professional look than that but thanks haha.
07-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/231490-crumpler-brazil...9-adorama.html

Brazillion Dollar Home

Or this:

Gourmet Extravaganza

I don't think any on the market now say Pentax.

There are literally dozens of good bags out there from many companies.

07-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have Lowpro back packs and there are all sizes. If you have a Pentax camera strap which come with the cameras and are not using, which mostof us do not, sew that on the back of the bag and then you will have the Pentax name, just a thought.
07-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you have a local place that does sewing, embroidery, and things like that, you could see if they'd be able to embroider PENTAX on a bag for you.
07-17-2013, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Keep in mind that putting a big "Pentax" (or Canon or Nikon) sign on your bag is like putting a sign on it that says "Please steal me and pawn my contents for crack money." Just a thought.

07-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
Pentaxian

My suggestion: get a bag that looks like it should hold trash. there is no sense in advertising your expensive gear's presence to would-be thieves.
07-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Keep in mind that putting a big "Pentax" (or Canon or Nikon) sign on your bag is like putting a sign on it that says "Please steal me and pawn my contents for crack money." Just a thought.
It seems we thought alike at the same time.
07-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #10

your answer

The Kata 3in1 30. A quality made bag with lots of nooks and crannies.. works as a backpack, trolly attachment to ride on your carry on handle/rails and above all SPACIOUS!!
3N1-30 Sling Backpack | Kata Bags

good luck!
07-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #11

I have a Tamrac 614, you would not want to pack it full and carry it. Largest bag I know of and I have had mine for years with very little wear. They are great.
07-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
Banned

I purchased the Tenba 632-331 and love it.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/222890-amazon-warehous...ml#post2381846
07-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
Pentaxian

The sling bag I have that says Pentax on it will hold 2 small cameras and 6 small lenses and was well laid out. But the lenses have to be small, for example a 70-200 2.8 takes up the camera compartment. It is my light weight kit bag but the Lowe Pro 302AW which is my larger sling bag holds much more
07-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
If you have a local place that does sewing, embroidery, and things like that, you could see if they'd be able to embroider PENTAX on a bag for you.
Yeah.... Maybe a variation on this is to have a local shop embroider the Pentax logo on a patch which could be Velcro'ed to the bag. Either directly Velcro'ed to the bag, or maybe like one of those Velcro wraps that go around the two handles of a duffel bag to make it easier to carry. There is a shop by me that specializes in embroidered T-shirts and bags for fundraising events and corporate novelties. For all I know, they may already carry a padded wrap that goes around the shoulder strap of a bag, just waiting to be embroidered.

Anyhow, my thought here was that you could have a logo that you could put on or take off, depending on your mood or your environment.

Also, it probably wouldn't cost you much more for the shop make a hundred of these, and you could probably keep a handful and sell the rest here, or on flea-bay.
07-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
My suggestion: get a bag that looks like it should hold trash. there is no sense in advertising your expensive gear's presence to would-be thieves.
Thanks but I am not new to the whole CONCEPT of bags.
This is for wedding use only, where my bag will be on me basically all of the time and not to stereotype, but not a whole heap of crack heads hang out at weddings.

Having a bag that looks like trash isn't a good look at weddings.