Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Universal AC adapter

Hi Folks,
Since owning my K100D I've encountered the dreaded dust bunnies on the sensor. I've learned through posted methods on how to eliminate the problem and I must say it has turned out successfully. In the process I was concerned about the battery power running out and to be on the safe side wanted to buy an adapter to give uninterrupted power. In checking out the local big retailer of which there are few here in Ontario, I was shocked, as matter of speaking at the price of the Pentax adapter, 90 bucks, Wow! In my search for a cheaper alternative, I came across this universal adapter made by Ambico with 4 plug sizes and a variable voltage selector and rated at 2100 mA and made for digital cameras. I bought it at the local Giant Tiger (something like Zellers) and proceeded to give it a try. It worked to perfection, cost $4.95, amazing.

03-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the info.

It all comes to the connector tips.

I find it particularly annoying that Pentax changed the tip from *istDS to K20D (probably K10D) so you are urged to buy another power supply (I wouldn't care about the small diffs in voltage).

Anybody know an alternative power supply with K10d/K20D tips? Or tip converter?