Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CRMassart Quote
Question for Lauren: Do you also have a K-30? Can you weigh-in on the above question? I want to keep the thread from going off on a tangent. Thanks!
I just checked my husband's K-30, and it appears the Navigation functions are not present. I guess the K-30 does basic GPS EXIF tagging and the Astro Tracer, but no Navigation.

I guess Navigation may die with the K5 series, which would be very sad.

07-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
If your phone can record a track then you can. Lightroom will import a track in .gpx format
Thanks - looks like there are a number of Android options. My issue is I've pretty much stopped using LR4 and prefer PSE 11. With PSE, I can open an image directly into the editor without going through the import structure, and PSE uses the Adobe Camera RAW add-in, so I have most of the same easy basic tools as LR4, and then some. I'm certainly not knocking the LR editor - just its enforced use of its catalog.
07-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I'm certainly not knocking the LR editor - just its enforced use of its catalog.
I'm more concerned about keywording and cataloging so I feel at home more in LR. The editor is secondary for me, rarely need PS11, but it's there if I have to, LR generally does all the editing I need and can batch apply it so that speeds things up for me.

I think there are some other options to apply a GPS track to a set of images though. Take a look at Geosetter GeoSetter Never tried it but seems like it would take your phone track and apply it to a folder of images. Then you can use PS11 or whatever to edit.