Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MSQ6 - has anyone converted a Manfrotto head with it?

Manfrotto has introduced, finally, Arca Swiss plates into the heads. They have also added the MSQ6 which is suppose to convert existing Manfrotto heads to Arca Swiss. Has anyone tried one yet?

07-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've tried the Q6 attached to a MH055 head, and it is gigantic, but well made. They basically modified a Q5 to fit the arca-standard. The clamp works like any other arca-compatible clamp, but is really long and has some bits sticking out (like bubble levels). No idea about the adapter.
07-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi Doc,

Long ago, I converted my Manfrotto 468 MG from RC2 to Arca Swiss by using a replacement clamp made by Wimberley. They soon after discontinued this and replaced it with a clamp that fit more models, but a quick look at their site didn't reveal this one either at this time. Hejnar Photo does make a number of AS clamp conversions for specific Manfrotto heads though, and he's very committed to customer service, so a call or email might get you some good information. I replaced the RC2 QR on my Manfrotto tilt only monopod head with a very inexpensive Vanguard clamp from Adorama a few years back also. OEC Camera is a possible source for inexpensive generic clamps, if you don't mind possibly doing some mods to keep the clamp solidly on the ball stem.

Hejnar Photo Store, Serving Your Professional Photography Needs

Oec Camera

Scott
07-29-2013, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There are several inexpensive adaptors at B&H and eBay that will attach to the Manfrotto quick release plates (or any other tripod 1/4 inch threads) and provide Arca Swiss compatibility like this one:

Sunwayfoto DDC-26 Mini Screw-Knob Clamp DDC-26 B&H Photo Video