Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

This time every year in the United States, stores stock up on lots of cheap items for children heading back to school. One of the items I've spotted several years running are neoprene bags for hand held electronic calculators with graphing displays. In addition to a Velcro closure, these bags typically have belt-loops and cheap carabiner clips. Once school starts, these bags can often be had for very little cost.

I have a couple and they are used for packing lenses or flashes into non-photographic bags - or hanging from my belt when I don't want to carry any photo bag. The neoprene molds itself around the contents and protects it from minor bumps and scrapes.

08-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
I've been thinking about getting a set of these: 4PCS Neoprene Soft DLSR Camera Lens Pouch Case Bag Protector S+M+L+XL Size | eBay

For the price you're not out much if they don't work but I can't see a reason why they wouldn't (apart from quality of stitching maybe but I can fix that). I've been toying with ideas for pouches that can be used on a belt as I have a couple of mil-surplus webbing belts I've used in the past to carry ham radio gear on emergency communications events. I couldn't make a set of pouches for the price these are going for!
I bought a set of those a while back.
They work fine and offer good protection for the price.
They are a bit stiff and take up more room than the Pentax pouches.
08-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Have you people never heard of bubble wrap?
Yes but, bubble wrapped items don't slide onto a belt very easily! Nor do they have drawstring tops!

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Cheap & flexible plus, if you have the need, you can repel unwanted companions by compulsively popping the bubbles.
Ah but if you do that pop goes all your protection (literally!)