Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
photographer's gloves

I was once interested by those photographer's gloves...
Stealth Gear - Photographers Gloves

They used to have a Canadian site (it was under Jobu Design's website), and I inquiried last winter about those in the L size, but they were Out of stock...
Recently, I checked again, and their Canadian site has vanished, but thee is the other site www.stealth-gear.com but they no longer distribute nor sell / ship to here
(and not in USA too anyways. They told me they only ship to Europe)
These seems to be very good when it is getting extremely cold outside (eg. below 15°C, which is frequent here in Quebec)

Do anyone has tried those gloves ?
Any PF mate in Europe that could broker a pair for me ? If interested, send me a PM.

I live near Montreal QC, so if anyone travels between here and Europe that'll be ideal (I could pick them up locally).

thanks !
Sylvain

Last edited by Weevil; 08-13-2013 at 11:47 AM.
08-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting. I use a pair of touch-screen capable light gloves as liners in my heavier gloves while outdoors. It's easy enough to slip out of the heavy shells. These could be also very useful.
08-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I simply use textured worker's gloves when it's not too cold (the kind found in hardware stores with a kind of textured rubber on the palm and fingers to grip easily). When it's really cold (Quebec city cold) I use two layers : a thin glove inside a warm mitten. I simply remove the mittain when I need to take a picture, the thin glove keeps me warm enough.
08-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #4

You might try looking in the hunting and fishing stores, as they offer gloves for cold weather sports that are similar.

08-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Okay, WR bodies and lenses are rated for use in weather colder than non-WR gear, but it still doesn't fit the local definition of cold weather. I'm okay with just thin gloves. By the time my hands are hurting I figure my camera is starting to hurt too.
11-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #6

I use some Knox (Motorcycle Armour brand) windproof gloves with my camera when the weather turns bad. Nice and warm yet tactile enough to allow me to actuate the small buttons on my Samsung GX-10
11-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I like these SealSkinz gloves, the fit well and the palm and fingertip rubber grips are grippy. Some gloves I've tried have the pads but they're poor. We don't get Canadian cold winters here, so these might not be warn enough, but a few of my fingers got smashed up many years ago and the cold makes them very painful and these are the only gloves that I know to keep my hands warm enough to use a camera in snow and ice. The windproof ones are surprisingly waterproof as well.

Waterproof & Thermal Gloves : SealSkinz Breathable & Wind Resistant Sports Gloves

Windproof Gloves : SealSkinz?

I'm not sure if the sell in the USA and Canada though?

11-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, Manitoba, Canada
These are the ones I use:

FREEHANDS 4 WAY STRETCH GLOVES MEDIUM GLOVETMM

They come in different sixes for men and women.

Thanks for the reminder I need to dig them out, it's snowing in Winnipeg.