Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #1

Large eyecup for Refconverter M?

I obtained a Pentax Refconverter M with case and the small eyecup. Even though I wear eyeglasses (small eyecup recommened) I'm thinking the large eyecup might help keep out additional stray light.

Is the large eyecup still available from Pentax? Does anybody have a part number?

or

Will another eyecup such as the Nikon DK-19 fit?

Thanks!

08-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would like to know that too. I'm currently considering a Refconverter A, which comes with one eyecup, but I don't know how big it is.

Pentax has one (round) 'Eyecup MII' in its brochure. It is meant for replacing the standard viewfinder eyecup but perhaps it can be adapted to fit on the refconverter (they are from rubber).

That said, the genuine eyecups are quite expensive, so it's perhaps better to search for an alternative.
04-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Reviving this old conversation because it's the only one I found on this topic in the forums.

I have a Pentax Refconverter A and would like to replace the factory small eyecup with a larger one, regardless if its from Pentax or a third party. Has anyone found one that works?

I presume any eyecup which works for the Refconverter A will also work with the Refconverter M.