Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
01-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Every proprietary battery I have ever seen disassembled is made like this, but I'v never saw a dslr battery, so thanks for this.

01-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, you've got a battery shell, now think "DC-to-DC" voltage regulator. Such as this . . .

" Step Down Module LM2596. Input voltage:4V-40V. Voltage regulation: 2.5% - Output voltage:1.3V-35V. "

https://www.google.com/search?q=++dc+volktage+regulator&sourceid=ie7&rls=com...lz=&gws_rd=ssl

Encapsulate the VR circuit in the shell and feed it with one 9VDC battery (or more in parallel for extended AH capacity?) or an auto battery, D, C, AA or AAA battery pack clipped to your neck strap or in your pocket. And there's your extended capacity power source depending on the nature of your use. Feed with a wall socket, 9 VDC AC-to-DC brick for tethered studio use. With an in-line polarized plug you could attach power sources as desired. You'll need to provide a tiny wire port to feed the shell but that can be WR sealed in many ways as desired.

See the external power accessory for the Q body for example.

I haven't done this for a K-body (yet!) but I've used the modules for other similar device feeds (GPS, solar battery chargers, etc.) and output regulation is adequately stable for the purpose.

Got an old defunct cell phone that still charges its battery? Re-use it as an aux power supply with a little fiddling to provide a power out lead. (I'm still trying to think of some really neat use for that that "kernel-of-corn" sized vibrator motor from a cell phone . . . besides a 'whoopee' cushion?.)

Last edited by pacerr; 01-03-2015 at 02:53 PM.
10-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
capacity of the cells in original D-LI90

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
Now, the million dollar question is.... what is the capacity of the cells in original D-LI90s?
2x 18500 Li-ion battery with 1860mAh capacity. So it archives the printed 7,2V & 1860mAh.

Currently the largest availiable capacity for 18500 cells is 2Ah (2.000mAh), so just 7,5% more than the now six years old D-Li90.