Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Best" head/QR for K100D and Manfrotto 680 monopod?

I have this nice new Manfrotto monopod from this Christmas, and my trusty little K100D from last Christmas, but I'd love to get a good (yet affordable) head and Quick-Release arrangement to mate them effectively. Right now, I have to screw the pod directly into the camera body. I have a slight level of concern over the durability of the body doing this, but mostly it's just a pain to install & remove that way. So, thoughts on a good QR system and head for such a combo?

main usage: landscapes and nature stuff, not macros or portraits or nights or other tripod-required shots

max lens: the Promaster/Tamron? 70-300 zoom

I do use the camera rotated 90 degrees sometimes, so the head should allow that - other than that, no preference between pan/ball types.

Ideally, I would like to find a QR system that will let me open the battery door on the camera body without removing the plates. I use Eneloops but still have to change 'em once in a while

I would love to find something under $150 if possible (quit laughing, you in the back! )

Suggestions, links, etc all welcomed

Jim

Last edited by RoxnDox; 03-26-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: added some info I forgot originally...