Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Usually, using a bag with good hip support solves a large part of the back pain problem.
Exactly. When I was doing my fire fighting training, the instructor told us to cinch up the waist belts first, as those are what carried the load of the SCBA pack. It does make a difference.

10-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dngr Quote
Exactly. When I was doing my fire fighting training, the instructor told us to cinch up the waist belts first, as those are what carried the load of the SCBA pack. It does make a difference.
Indeed. I used my clik-elite bag yesterday while golfing with my son. I was not golfing, merely documenting the "fun." But we walked the course. With the hip belt cinched, I could hardly feel the weight of the bag on my shoulders.
10-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would also recommend the clik elite backpacks, they are very comfortable, and they have them with different compartments. Other backpacks that are very comfortable to carry are the ones from F-stop gear. They come in different sizes, and the camera inserts for them also come in different sizes. So you could customize the backpack for the gear that you need for a shoot (and they do take laptops, well, some of them).
At the moment I am using the naneu Alpha L, it has a lower compartment for camea gear, upper for personal and a laptop compartment. And it is comfy to carry too. Only complaint that I have about this one, that it is a bit bulky (it does fith a lot though)