Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Best XS photography vest

I was looking to purchase a photography vest. Being fully grown at only 5',it can be hard to find a vest that fits. Also, being female, I need a vest that fits to my, erm, body form. I'd like a high quality vest (with lots of pockets) I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. I'd prefer a thick vest with a bit of weight to it. Any ideas?

10-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This company may have something. Not sure about thickness however.

http://www.amphibianoutdoor.com.au
10-06-2013, 03:49 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These folks may have something that will work;

https://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/subindex_womens_products.shtml

I use their travel vest (for men) in black as a very efficient alternative to an urban camera bag. When I'm out on the town, besides my camera with FA 31 mounted, in one side pocket I carry a DA 15 balanced with a DA 70 on the other side. It's styling has fairly clean lines and it does not look like a lumpy (& geeky) recycled fishing vest. Got it on sale several years ago (get on their mailing list for periodic sale announcements). It's well made with tons of mostly interior pockets that vary in size and have zipper closures. Also, the first one I ordered wrong and it did not fit, so we did a quick no-hassle exchange...

Check 'um out...

Cheers... M

Last edited by Michaelina2; 10-06-2013 at 04:50 AM.
10-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Have a look at the Billingham range of Photo vests, maybe not the cheapest on the block but a really good product that lasts for years, so maybe it does work out cheaper in the long run.

10-09-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Also, consider visiting an army surplus store, they sometimes have stuff along those lines, and they're not always in forest green