Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #1

Best camera bag for wedding photography

Hi Guys,

I run a photography business (AJC Photography) and have a few weddings booked for next year. When I did my first paid wedding back in June I only had one body (Pentax K-R) so carried this in a Lowepro Slingshot 202AW. Since then I've bought a new K-3 and have acquired more lenses and equipment. I've decided that for everyday shooting I will continue using my Slingshot as i'll only be carrying the one body but for weddings I will need to take all my gear.

I'm pretty set on either a rucksack or a roller case because the bag will just be used to transport my gear to the venue - I'm planning on getting a Blackrapid strap and a belt to hold the bodies. I'm currently thinking either -

LowePro Flipside 400AW
LowePro Pro Runner AW - not sure which one
LowePro Pro Runner Roller - Lowepro | Pro Runner again not sure which one but I like the way it can be rolled or worn as a rucksack

Does anyone have a preference on the above? Any other brands I should consider - thought about Kata too but haven't really looked.

By the way my gear is as follows -

Pentax K-3
Pentax K-R
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
Pentax DA f/1.7 prime
Sigma 70-300 zoom
Old skool Pentax Macro Lens
Pentax 18-55 kit lens

Cheers

Alex

11-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I would suggest taking a look at a Pelican 1560 with the padded dividers. See it here;

Amazon.com: Pelican Large Hardware and Accessory Case with Padded Dividers 1560-004-110: Camera & Photo

I've had one for some time now and it's an absolute tank. Pelican's quality is legendary and this thing will outlast you AND your kids. That's why the government/military uses them. It's not light, but with the rollers/handle you're really only lifting it to put it in/out of the trunk. Really nothing I would change about it!
11-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I would suggest taking a look at a Pelican 1560 with the padded dividers
I second this, but if your flying places the Pelican 1510 is a tad smaller and complies with most airlines "carry on" size requirements.