Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Screen Protectors

Is there much to say about screen protectors? Are they all the same? And does it matter if they have tiny bubbles?

Thanks!

11-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've never had great success with the 'plastic' ones. I have seen a glass type one, which seems brilliant, but I don;t own one of those.
11-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by davids8560 Quote
Is there much to say about screen protectors? Are they all the same? And does it matter if they have tiny bubbles?

Thanks!
Avoid the brand Optex. Their plastic film screen protector peels off in as little as a few hours. Any other brand will last a lot longer (months). However, the thicker ones have bigger bubbles if lint sticks to the screen protector before you apply it. I have found it impossible to keep lint off the screen protector during the application process, so I just live with the bubbles.
11-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #4

Had the GSS glass protector. A gentle love tap by a tripod head cracked it but it did it's job. Have upgraded to a thicker polycarbonate one.

11-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I cut down & use the dollar store iPad screen protectors. (3 for a buck.) A bit of a pain to apply without bubbles, but they do the job. I've had the same protectors on all 3 of my cameras for a couple of years now & they're holding up ok.