Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Anyone else with 7 Million Dollar Home?

Hi,

I just picked up a 7 Million Dollar Home today and I would like to know how others are configuring it for their gear.

I had to buy it via mail order and I think I was expecting something a bit bigger. From the description I thought my gear would fit a lot better in it.

I have a K10D with Grip and I can't figure out how to properly secure it with the rest of my stuff.

I have a fear that I am going to out grow this bag really fast.

You can see in my sig what gear I have for the most parts.... any suggestions?

I have been fiddling with it for a couple hours now and am a bit stumped.

D.

04-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry for my ignorance... khm... what is a 7 Million Dollar Home?
04-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentagor Quote
It's an excellent Crumpler bag.

D, I don't see why all your stuff wont fix. I don't know how big the fong light spheres are, because I don't have them. Same goes for the diffuser. However, I'm able to fit my K10d with grip, two similarly sized lenses (one and grip on camera), a rocket blower, my 360 with a stofen cap on it, and either a box of business cards or a sekonic lightmeter inside the bag. A 32" collapsible reflecter kit, 3 pairs of spare batteries, a mess of AA's, keys, wallet, and cell phone all fit in the front pocket. I've got two memory card cases too; they either get dumped in the main compartment somewhere, or tucked in the zipper pocket on the flap with a microfiber cloth. I really haven't fiddled with the standard configuration to speak of. You can get it all in there.
04-04-2008, 01:55 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by pentagor Quote
Crumpler Products Page

04-04-2008, 04:05 AM   #5
Forum Member

i gotta love the way crumpler are sooo cool they designed their website so you cant actually give someone a link direct to the actual product
04-04-2008, 04:32 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Okay... I will keep playing with it tonight.....

The fitment that baffles me is the camera with grip w/ lens attached.

I want to point it downwards in the middle but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the camera to sit properly.

D.
04-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Here, I took a quick shot for you. I've actually been using the Orion Trekker you can just barely see to the left of the frame, so I apologize that the velcro in the crumpler isn't well attached, but it is possible to get everything in there neatly.

360 in bag and sekonic 508 on the left, Sigma 100-300 f/slow and lg rocketblower on the right. The camera with grip sits in the middle, and I orient the grip so that it rests over the shorter sigma lens and rocketblower. You will slightly bend the padding over time, I suppose. The two shorter dividers surround the portion where I want the lens to sit. There is a bit of space between the dividers and the bag, and I've slipped extra batteries, memory card cases, or my wallet in there. There is still a little room to spare too, but if you over pack, it's tough to get things out.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G9  Photo 
04-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Beth you are wonderful!

Like they say... a picture is worth a thousand words....

I have a plan of action now.

When I got my crumpler none of the internal dividers were setup... so I wasn't sure how to place them.

D.
04-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
7 Million Dollar Home and Bigma

I'm sorry I don't know how to post photos on this forum but if go to the following link pics 20 thru 25 are of the 7 million dollar home with the k10d, grip, L bracket, mounted Bigma and other lenses and flash below. Pics 21-25 are on the 2nd page.
rzarbo : photos : Misc.- powered by SmugMug

Hope this helps.
04-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #10

I set mine up similar to Beth.

With the diagram below, the top is side against my body (right side) and with the flap.

Left Side:
Top: DA 50-200
Bottom: DA 16-45
Above flap: Camera Strap w/ memory holders (detached)
Right Side:
Top: Digi-blower, lens pen, wipes, microfiber cloth, etc.
Bottom: Sigma 24-60
Above flap: AF360FGZ in pouch
Center:
Top: Body plug & rear lens cap (I use the flap folded in as a wedge to hold them in place)
Bottom: Moleskine notebook for quick shooting notes or ideas
Center: My baby... err... K10D with BG2 grip, remote, FA 50mm f/1.4 (or any of the other glass)
In the top pouch I keep my LumiQuest ProMax, Digital Gray Card, & K10D Magic Lantern Guide
In the front pouch I have all my other cables, plus the Pentax hot shoe cable kit.
In the two end pouches, one carries my charger (I have an inverter in the car, just in case) and the other carries shades and a collapsible bucket hat.

Note: The flap that divides the left side from the central area is folded down onto the left side to accommodate the battery grip.

Code:
|___|___|___|
04-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
Veteran Member

i need to get a camera bag soon but i was wondering, every post i see, everyone is stuffing the bag with camera equipment ... and no space for other stuff like water, or an umbrella, or maps / books

i considered the Crumpler, but it seems really expensive
04-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #12
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi K100d,

You might look in to the new Fastpack series from Lowepro. They are a backpack style but set up a lot like the Slingshots. The upper compartment for personal gear looks to be larger than the compartment on the Slingshots.

Lowepro - Camera

Robin
04-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Alright... I played around tonight and got everything setup pretty good I think.

What was confusing me the most is that the dividers weren't originally setup.

WOW... I am going to run out of room with this bag fast saddly.

I think I should have gone with the Brazillion Dollar Home instead.

Dang!

D.