Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Remote set up?????

I just got a new Pentax F remote. Is there something special I need to do to set it up for my
K10? Does it not come with a battery?

04-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you need to set the drive mode to remote control.
yes it comes with a battery.
04-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'm such an idiot! I knew that. Thanks for the reminder.
04-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Craig1024, the Remote F battery is supposedly good for about 30,000 activations, according to Pentax. Unfortunately, once it's dead, the remote has to go to Pentax service for battery replacement. That indicates either a hard-wired battery or a proprietary one (or both); I haven't tried disassembling mine to find out!

04-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by christinelandon Quote
Craig1024, the Remote F battery is supposedly good for about 30,000 activations, according to Pentax. Unfortunately, once it's dead, the remote has to go to Pentax service for battery replacement. That indicates either a hard-wired battery or a proprietary one (or both); I haven't tried disassembling mine to find out!
The remote F is cheap enough that when mine goes bye-bye, I'll junk it and buy a new one if the battery is proprietary. When it dies, I'll have a look inside before deciding. I have an electronics soldering iron if it is soldered in. On the other hand, at the rate I use the remote, it will probably be 2108 by the time the battery goes dead.
04-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The remote F is cheap enough that when mine goes bye-bye, I'll junk it and buy a new one if the battery is proprietary. When it dies, I'll have a look inside before deciding. I have an electronics soldering iron if it is soldered in. On the other hand, at the rate I use the remote, it will probably be 2108 by the time the battery goes dead.
Albert; I just added you to my will - you'll have a slightly used F remote sometime before 2108. I've found it pretty handy for interior flash work on a tripod with multiple flashes. In fact you gave me some great tips on how to setup and bounce. Thanks.
04-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, You guys are awesome.