Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does this exist? (filter with hood bayonet exterior)

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I want to put a decent hood on my old f/1.2 lens. I have a screw-in rubber one now, and that's not terrible, but I *thought* I saw this product somewhere rambling around the internet, and now I can't find it.. so maybe i just dreamed it.

Basically, I think it was a glassless filter ring with bayonet threads for a hood on the outside of it… so you could still attach filters and/or a cap on it. I don't think it came in every thread size, but I think 49-62mm were covered.

So -- does anyone know if this is real or if I was just having an oddly specific dream?

Thanks!

12-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Do you mean the Matin "reversible" plastic hood?

matin plastic hood | eBay
12-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ah! I don't know if that was it (I seem to remember 2 or 3 hood options), but that's definitely the kind of thing I was looking for! Thanks!
12-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
I use the Matin hood on my F 35-70 lens. It works very well for me. For what it is worth, I rarely use any filter other than a CPL, And with the Matin hood, I find it easier to remove the bayonet ring and put the CPL directly on the lens and the bayonet ring on the CPL. This is because the Matin hood doesn't have a removable window for turning the filter inside the hood. And putting the CPL between the lens and the bayonet ring allows me to rotate the CPL especially easily by just turning the entire hood.