Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Forum Member

Camera bag inserts

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

After long hours of drooling over some camera bags, I decided to utilize whatever bag I have and get an insert pad thing for a camera.
I have seen people using it, or perhaps some just came with a bag itself... But now I am having trouble finding any brand or retail for one.

Only on amazon I was able to pull something like this:
CAMERA BAG INSERT: Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo
but unsure yet to buy from amazon, since (especially amazon.ca sellers) I've seen price bloats too often...

Anyone know where I could find good inserts (perhaps slim one that fits K-5ii, so I could fit it in my messenger bag), with decent quality?

12-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sure, just search for Domke inserts. I've been using one for many years in a messenger-style bag to hold a camera body.

M
12-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try a search for "padded inserts" you should get better results. I bought a padded insert for a regular messenger bag I had laying around. Not sure of the brand anymore but looks similar to what that search brings up. It's worked well for me.
12-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Domke, Domke, Domke! I can't speak for other no-name/lesser-known brands, but I'd give Domke a look.

The one you linked from Amazon looks nice, I like how it's zippered at the top, only think that my Domke lacks but I wish it had...

12-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you jatrax, Miguel!
Interestingly 'padded inserts' bring up some results that women might be interested. I shouldn't look up these in public. :P
12-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
Domke, Domke, Domke! I can't speak for other no-name/lesser-known brands, but I'd give Domke a look.

The one you linked from Amazon looks nice, I like how it's zippered at the top, only think that my Domke lacks but I wish it had...
It does look like domke makes whole lots of variety, which I like. I also liked the zipper, but i think Velcro is much more suitable as an insert.. perhaps I should get a domke and mod a bit...

Thanks Julie
12-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but I got my husband a Crumpler Haven bag for his K30 - he uses it as an insert in his backpack when he goes mountain-climbing. They come in a couple of sizes.

See: Crumpler Haven Camera Pouch, Medium, Black/Gray HVN001-XO6G50

12-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but I got my husband a Crumpler Haven bag for his K30 - he uses it as an insert in his backpack when he goes mountain-climbing. They come in a couple of sizes.

I like design of this alot! Thank you frogoutofwater. Definitely I'm putting this on my list.
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #9
Veteran Member

there's also ebay to consider with prices starting at $6.40....

camera bag dividers | eBay
12-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote

+1 to this.

Those Crumplers are amazing Specially like to put those Havens into their waterproof commuter bag called Aso Outpost, they call the collection Outpost Collection. Check them out they are worth a look. I know you were just looking for inserts, but for future reference!
12-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Here is one I have and I like it.

Mountainsmith Kit Cube
12-08-2013, 02:35 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
Domke
+1 on Domke and then use any incognito stealthy bag you like.
12-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #13
Pentaxian

I use a chinese one from ebay- no zips, two adjustable dividers with Velcro, soft material every where, scrunches down to fit the bag. Takes K20 with grip and short lens such as 16-45. Best of all it was cheap. Article has had daily use for two years and has a few marks but no rips or seam gapes. Highly recommended.
12-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #14
NKK
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
I use a chinese one from ebay- no zips, two adjustable dividers with Velcro, soft material every where, scrunches down to fit the bag. Takes K20 with grip and short lens such as 16-45. Best of all it was cheap. Article has had daily use for two years and has a few marks but no rips or seam gapes. Highly recommended.
+1 for the cheap ebay ones. Works fine, just missing the zip or a better way to lock it.
I have my camera with me in my laptop messenger bag every day in one of those, so If you don't need the zip lock and can live with a couple of Velcro straps they will get the job done
12-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Make your own, make your own, make your own ........ Why do we always talk expensive when we can make our own.
Common on friends it is so easy to make them your self. I use high fibre cloth, any color, hard rubber foam - this is extremely light, flexible and comes in various thickness, velcro, scissors and needle and thread. Total cost - probably $ 3 to 5. Any craft store, wall mart, target etc. have all the stuff you need.
You will be surprised how easy it is. And you can size and shape them to suit individual gear you have.
Regards.