Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Just in case you decide not to like the grip, I am willing to consider taking it off your hands for ten times what you paid for it and I will also cover the shipping "USPS ground"
Haha well I didn't acquire the $200 Adorama gift card for nothing, I acquired it as part of one of the K50 bundles from Adorama, so technically I did pay full price, I just didn't have to take more than $2.02 out of my checking account TODAY to buy the grip.

But if you're willing to buy it for $2,000, it's all yours. I'll even deliver it myself

12-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
Haha well I didn't acquire the $200 Adorama gift card for nothing, I acquired it as part of one of the K50 bundles from Adorama, so technically I did pay full price, I just didn't have to take more than $2.02 out of my checking account TODAY to buy the grip.

But if you're willing to buy it for $2,000, it's all yours. I'll even deliver it myself
It is good but not 2k good.
12-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I bit late, but I used a grip on the K-20 because it held a battery, SD card and the remote. The smaller K-5 grip does not hold the remote, so that (and the price) sort of kept me from buying one, even though I rarely use the remote.
12-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I took some shots today with my new grip on and I have to say I really like having it. Doing portrait shots is SO much easier and far more comfortable with the grip. The added weight really doesn't bother me at all and it's more than worth it.

12-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I love having the grip! The only thing I don't like is storing the camera in my bag with it attached. For some reason it always ends up awkward trying to find the space to fit it.
12-25-2013, 03:26 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
I've had grips for my two most recent Pentax cameras; I haven't felt the need for one with my Canon 7D. One's need for a grip is highly subjective. For me it is a matter of balancing longer, heavier lenses and relieving the fatigue of using them for hours non-stop. I find the Pentax bodies on the small side for my fairly large hands, so the grip is good.
M
Same here, both K20d and K5 have a grip. I also like the additional batterypower as well as the SDcard storage (which saved me multiple times)