Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Amputees/lefties -- this could be useful

The One Hand Snap: A Shutter Release that Allows for One-Handed DSLR Operation

Basically it's a wired shutter release on an elastic band that goes over the lens. Not going to work on a Limited lens, but on any of the larger zooms, this sort of thing could help someone take photos who otherwise might not be able to do so.

Of course, without any dial controls, it's pretty limited, but I thought it was worth pointing out in case anyone was in need. It's apparently not in production yet, but perhaps enough interest could make it happen (or it might be fairly easy to cobble together similar as a DIY)

12-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awesome idea but I don't know which cameras allow control of aperture and shutter speed through the shutter release port.
With Pentax you can do AF and shutter and that's it.
12-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Awesome idea but I don't know which cameras allow control of aperture and shutter speed through the shutter release port.
With Pentax you can do AF and shutter and that's it.
Yeah, I pointed that out. Someone could potentially use the battery grip connection on the bottom of the camera. That has access to those functions.

I wonder if anyone has hacked together way to mount the battery grip on the left hand side with a cable running to the contacts. Maybe mount the grip on an L plate.