Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Joby UltraFit Hand Strap with UltraPlate?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Anyone use/used these on a K-5 /II/IIs ?

I'm looking for a new hand strap for my K-5 IIs.

Joby UltraFit Hand Strap with UltraPlate JB01277-BWW B&H Photo

12-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't tried the Joby, I use one of these Fotga Hand Grip Strap for Canon Rebel XS XSi XT XTi T1i T2i T3i T4i T5I T3 DSLR | eBay
But I replace the plastic bracket with one of these New Black Universal Quick Release Plate with Hand Strap for Arca Swiss Benro | eBay

Works great for me
12-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If you're willing to spend that much, I'd recommend looking at the camdapter strap/plate. I've been using them for several years and they never come off my bodies.
12-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
If you're willing to spend that much, I'd recommend looking at the camdapter strap/plate. I've been using them for several years and they never come off my bodies.
Why would The camdapter be any better than the Joby?

Reason I'm asking is the Joby looks to have a very slim plate which I like and also the Adjustments on the strap itself look smart and well designed.

12-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Camdapter's plate is also very slim. Never used the Joby, but the camdapter's leather feels very comfortable on the hand. Not saying the camdapter is necessarily better, just worth looking at in that price range.
12-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
Joby UltraFit Hand Strap with UltraPlate?
Just received & fitted one today to my K3. Good range of adjustment and well made.
Lensloop can be screwed into the long base plate too without interfering with mounting onto a tripod.
Just checked the fit using the battery grip. The strap has enough adjustment to accommodate the different mounting center the grip is built with.

Last edited by ak_kiwi; 12-20-2013 at 03:04 AM.
12-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
Anyone use/used these on a K-5 /II/IIs ?

I'm looking for a new hand strap for my K-5 IIs.

Joby UltraFit Hand Strap with UltraPlate JB01277-BWW B&H Photo
Yes, I been using this Joby hand strap for a few months on my K-5 and now on my K-3. The strap is very comfortable and secure. I have found it really helps to stabilise the camera when using larger lenses such as the DA* 50-135 and even DA* 300 handheld. I haven't used it with the battery grip but it should adjust sufficiently to fit. The Arca Swiss plate fits securely without interfering with battery cover and makes it very convenient to be able to instantly mount onto tripod without having to remove the strap and attach a separate plate.

I use two different tripods. A compact Sirui ball-head with arca swiss clamp, and a larger Manfrotto with 3-way head and standard quick release plate. Because the Joby grip is now permanently on the K-3, I've just bought an arca Swiss fluid head adapter for the Manfrotto. Also considering buying a second Joby strap for the k-5 as well.

It is quite expensive for what it is, but still Highly recommended (IMO)

Last edited by Kennod; 12-20-2013 at 03:56 AM.