Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #1

Optech Super Classic vs. Pro Loop Straps

Hey all,

Searched the forums but no information regarding this topic. Only seems to be general consensus that Op/Tech makes great straps

So, I'm wondering if people have experiences with the two straps, and if so, which one do you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance!

04-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use the Pro Loop straps because I need the connectors that they provide. I am very happy with the system as it allows me to use the harness I have with the same connectors to switch between the harness, neckstrap and wrist straps that I use depending on what lens I'm using and how I want to carry the camera. I don't think you can do better than the pro-strap. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the super classic has a different connection system.
04-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can't say I've had experience with both, but I bought the Pro strap (non-Loop version) because it was wider. It seems to me that being wider it would distribute the weight over a larger area, thus decreasing how heavy my camera feels. Seems to do a pretty good job of it

It would seem the only difference between the Super Classic and Pro is the width (2" verse 2.5") and the Pro is curved, which works great for around the neck, but I've not tried it hanging off the shoulder.
04-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies!

I'm very interested in the pro-loop connectors, so that's a plus, but I am also curious as to whether the pro strap's shape is conducive to shoulder carrying.

04-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #5
Forum Member

I have the pro strap with the webbing connectors because there is a much greater adjustment range with them and it is set long enough to be worn at my side with the strap around my neck with my 6 foot height. This means the my camera set facing in towards me and tucks under my arm and can easily be used without removing the strap. Thus it is secure, less visibly intrusive AND is immediately available for street shots etc.

It is also very secure re snatch theft and has zero possibility of slipping off your shoulder.

The strap arrangement in wear is exactly the same way as a messenger bag is worn. The strap is very comfortable and the curve fits the side of my neck very well.

Rod