Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #1

quick release plate

I got K3 and the battery grip. Now I need a set of camera plates (arca type, for Markins Q3 ball head), for both the camera alone, and on the grip (L-plate not needed at this moment). Old ones on K10D seem too large and extending out a bit on K3.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by neeviour; 01-14-2014 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Grammar
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I use a Sunwayfoto DPG-50 plate on my K-5II whose bottom plate dimensions are not that much different. It does not rotate and works quite nicely. I would avoid using the grip and tripod together unless it's necessary, as it takes some stability away.
01-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Markins has a plate that works fine. PG-34?? That's from memory but they have a plate finder application. Don't know if the k-3 is listed yet, but the one from the k-5 works great. And I don't know if they work with the grip as I don't have a grip......
01-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I use the Markins plate with the Markins head and love it. I love their hand strap too. Good stuff

01-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #5

I really like the Peak Designs Capture Clip (https://peakdesignltd.com/store/?c=clips) for use with a backpack. If you use that system, it comes with an arca-swiss compatible plate. If you only need a plate, one with an anti-twist design is probably better though.
01-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by walter Quote
I really like the Peak Designs Capture Clip (https://peakdesignltd.com/store/?c=clips) for use with a backpack. If you use that system, it comes with an arca-swiss compatible plate. If you only need a plate, one with an anti-twist design is probably better though.
This would be my recommendation as well, because of the additional usefulness of the clip. But, yeah, if you don't care the clip at all, then $60 - $80 (pro version) may be a bit steep.