Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2014, 05:33 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Having a GREAT tripod is something you buy once, and then forget about ever having to buy again.
I'm going to agree with Heie. A great tripod is like a great lens in that the quality endures beyond changes in camera bodies.

01-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you looked at the Mefoto Roadtrip? It has a little longer folded length, it's aluminum. It has separate tension and lock knobs for the ball, can be converted to a monopod, reversible center column for low shots, supports 17.6lbs., and has a very nice padded zippered case with a good adjustable shoulder strap. I've had mine for a year. The more I use it the more I like it. I've recently acquired a vintage 400mm 5.6 and it stabilizes that lens just fine(I use either the Pentax remote or the 2 sec. delay). I also have the Mefoto Backpacker(was free for me as I won it) and it stays in my bike bag. I use it's case to keep my vintage 400mm Pentax in. The case is that nice. I looked at the Sirui as well and almost bought one but for me the Roadtrip fit the bill.
03-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mobil1 Quote
Have you looked at the Mefoto Roadtrip? It has a little longer folded length, it's aluminum. It has separate tension and lock knobs for the ball, can be converted to a monopod, reversible center column for low shots, supports 17.6lbs., and has a very nice padded zippered case with a good adjustable shoulder strap. I've had mine for a year. The more I use it the more I like it. I've recently acquired a vintage 400mm 5.6 and it stabilizes that lens just fine(I use either the Pentax remote or the 2 sec. delay). I also have the Mefoto Backpacker(was free for me as I won it) and it stays in my bike bag. I use it's case to keep my vintage 400mm Pentax in. The case is that nice. I looked at the Sirui as well and almost bought one but for me the Roadtrip fit the bill.
Oh, thanks for your recommendation. I finally purchased Sirui and it's really amazingly light but it's also a little bit short.