Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I didn't realize that lens was that long. How heavy is it?

02-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I think I found one. Thanks for all of your suggestions. It is the Kata Multi Pro 120 camera backpack. Here's a youtube video showing how the bag is set up.

[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 02-15-14 at 08:04 PM ----------

---------- Post added 02-15-14 at 08:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I didn't realize that lens was that long. How heavy is it?
about 2 pounds.
02-16-2014, 02:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like it would do the trick for you.

I think it's a little bulky for what it can carry but, to be expected since it's pretty well padded. certainly not as bad as their 3in1 boxy sling bags. I'm not sold on the "rubbery" straps though.

Must say though, the video you chose is rubbish.

6minutes "unboxing" no dialog and some annoying nasal wheezing. ( scanned thru - and aborted)

This one is 2 1/2 minutes and infinitely more informative even though the dialog is in Chinese.

Reasonable price at Adorama , as it appears as discontinued at BandH . The newer Minibee 110-PL is similar and only suited for a small screen ultrabook or ipp-add and is more expensive!

Note: I do like Kata stuff, I have a DR 46-(something?) backpack but don't use it much.
The DR type wouldn't suit you carrying the 300mm when mounted.
02-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #19

With that telemonster and rather big bag It will end up a pretty heavy combination - don't forget to put time aside for some core exercises for bag and shoulders :-)

As an aside. I have my bag in a side pannier and despite accumulated stress testing my gear by riding for months if not years on bumpy 3rd world roads it has not affected my body (yes, I am referring to the one with "Pentax" in bold letters). It was probably why my 77mm suddenly disassembled in my hands, though.

02-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another vote for the Click Elite Compact. I have the lighter colored one. Perfect for cycling. I have a 70oz. water reservoir in it. It's not too big to weigh you down or affect your balance while riding. It has a built in rain cover for piece of mind on questionable days. It's secure, lightweight, has good ventilation for your back, and is very well made. I've had mine for a little over a year.
02-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mobil1 Quote
Another vote for the Click Elite Compact. I have the lighter colored one. Perfect for cycling. I have a 70oz. water reservoir in it. It's not too big to weigh you down or affect your balance while riding. It has a built in rain cover for piece of mind on questionable days. It's secure, lightweight, has good ventilation for your back, and is very well made. I've had mine for a little over a year.
I just saw the video for that Click Elite compact and by gosh it will fit my tele monster. I think I like this better as it is a bit smaller and lighter. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I could have made a disastrous mistake buying the wrong bag.

Only $108 at Adorama http://www.adorama.com/CEKCSPGY.html

Last edited by Driline; 02-16-2014 at 07:59 AM.
02-17-2014, 02:48 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slipdm16 Quote
The Clik Elite Compact Sport Camera Backpack (Amazon.com: Clik Elite CE706BK Compact, Sport Black: Camera & Photo)
has the quick access spot on the side, and can also accommodate a camelbak-type reservoir. Great for hiking, biking, etc and very comfy. The black one is $130, "grey"/tan is $110, but there's also a little bigger "Pro" one that has a slot for iPad/laptop which I have...camera compartment on both is about the same size.

I can fit my camera (arca-type plate on) w/ DA* 60-250 attached in the camera compartment along w/ an 18-135 and another limited-sized prime. It has a rain flap and another compartment on top for light jacket/snacks or other lenses. Plus there are other soft spots for sunglasses, filters, tripod, etc.
I would also suggest the Clik Elite, they make great packs for hiking biking etc.
02-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I just received the Clite Elite CE706 from Adorama. What a well constructed high quality camera back pack. It has plenty of room for my Tokina 100-300 lens plus a prime or two. As another option I can also fit both my DA*16-50 and DA*50-135 together too. Now to buy that new bike...........Looking at a Cannondale Quick 4.

02-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
I just received the Clite Elite CE706 from Adorama. What a well constructed high quality camera back pack. It has plenty of room for my Tokina 100-300 lens plus a prime or two. As another option I can also fit both my DA*16-50 and DA*50-135 together too
Glad to hear you like it! I was amazed at the amount of stuff you can fit in there. The bottom compartment "divider" can also be removed to make just one big compartment out of the bag for use as a regular backpack...albeit with a quick access panel on the bottom for...snacks/beer?? Sounds like a Ragbrai special...
02-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Glad to hear you like it! I was amazed at the amount of stuff you can fit in there. The bottom compartment "divider" can also be removed to make just one big compartment out of the bag for use as a regular backpack...albeit with a quick access panel on the bottom for...snacks/beer?? Sounds like a Ragbrai special...
You know about Ragbrai?
02-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #26

Spent 4 years at Iowa State - never did the ride, but I've heard lots of stories
02-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Spent 4 years at Iowa State - never did the ride, but I've heard lots of stories
My kid graduated from Iowa State 2009.
02-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My brother just sent me a picture of his camera bag. He is not happy with it at all. There's hardly room for his K5 camera and lens. Don't buy this bag....

02-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #29
Pentaxian

I have a Lowepro Flipside 200. It's not bad, but I think I would have been happier with the Clik pack mentioned above.
My use is often longer hikes, mountain biking, and also just around town. For around town it's good. I can put a couple of bodies and lenses (including the DA* 60-250) and while tight with all that it can fit. The tripod carry system is ok, but lets the tripod move more than I'd like when I'm moving around.
For mountain biking or more ambitious hikes (like peak bagging) I don't use it because there's no accomodation for a reservoir or spots for other outdoor essentials separate from the camera gear. For those uses I use a Clik camera wrap and put the camera in my Deuter mountain bike pack, which has an expansion zipper if I bring a lot of stuff. For "real" adventures I need to prioritize the stuff that will keep me alive out there and add camera gear as I have room after that. I also have a Mountainsmith Kit Cube insert and I use that in my hiking daypack. I still may pick up one of those Clik packs and give it a try. their stuff is always pretty nice.
03-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I bought a commuter. Brand new Trek Allant. I love this bike