Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ownuser Battery Grip FBH-P3 for K10D/K20D

While browsing through Ebay I keep running into this "Ownuser" battery grip. I have seen a few reviews posted about the grip for *ist DS and K100D etc, but nobody seems to have any comments about it's usage on K10D or K20D.

From what I read, that Battery grip can be used with Lithium AAs and even CR-V3
Batteries, which would make it a great power source away from civilization and chargers.

Does anybody here have this grip and how does it work? Good/Bad? Are all adapters for those different kind of Batteries included or do they need to be purchased separately. I was also wondering - since it is a 3rd party power source - does that somehow affect the Pentax warranty?

Thanks for reading

04-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

No personal experiance with it, but would you really consider putting something that handles power to your camera in the hands of a relatively no-name brand item?
04-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Doesn't that have a cable which needs to be plugged in on the left side? Leaving the door wide open as well...

No, thanks. DBG2 ftw...
04-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
McD

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had the Ownuser grip when I had my K110, it wasnt to bad at all. I belive that it comes with the clips for using different batteries. And yeah, you definatly have to leave the door open to have it plugged in on the side, which I wasnt the biggest fan of seeing as I do alot of winter photography. It all comes down to personal preference, but in terms of Battery grips for the K100 and 110, that's pretty much your only option.

04-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Pentax's batteries are dirt cheap. I paid $20 for 2, so I don't see the point of using AA batteries on it. The ergonomic is probably the best compared to those 3rd party ones. The breaking point for me would be the L-plate. None of these would nicely fit the Kirk L-plate, except the Pentax's grip.
04-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That is only for the K100 and K110 and the DS/DL. For the K10 and K20 does not have to be plugged in - it uses the contacts just like the BG2 would.

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Doesn't that have a cable which needs to be plugged in on the left side? Leaving the door wide open as well...

No, thanks. DBG2 ftw...