Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Don't cross the beams! Oh, we are talking about FluCards, not Ghost Busters Harold Ramis.
Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

02-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #17
Veteran Member

O.K., thanks very much to everyone for the helpful notes regarding use of my Toshiba FlashAir card -- basically a Trek FluCard, then -- in my K-3 arriving today. I'm not concerned with advanced bi-directionality, since that would have been too much to hope for; but to clarify:

It seems I should be optimistic that I can browse the captured photo files and download them wirelessly, including any single photos I'd care to email to a friend or post on a social media site (that would be a first for me; can't say that I feel the need). Which leaves two things I'd like to have happen: 1.) Pick up the screen shot (not video) which is showing in live view on the K-3' s LCD and see it simultaneously on my Nexus 7 tablet (?)... and 2.) Be able to swap the same FlashAir card seamlessly and in a sensible way between my two cameras (K-3 and E-PL5) without something getting crossed up within the card's programming or registry (?). Am I good to go for this, do you think? Thanks!
02-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
I bought mine from SRS Microsystems (normally just called SRS), a very well respected Pentax supplier in the UK. I've been buying from there for years, and have had good service and low prices.

It came this afternoon, and I've just spent hours with friends playing with it. Unfortunately we haven't got the operating manual that is supposed to exist, so had to experiment, and there are still some issues., for example with things timing out.

However, we achieved some useful results using 2 cards, putting DNGs onto card 1 and JPEGs onto the Flucard in slot 2. Then we could focus by clicking on the Live View images shown on the PC, and download and view the JPEG, but just leave the DNG on card 1 for later downloading. That appears to be a good way of working - is it the intended way?
Odd, I got my box today with manual. Henry's Canada.

Works fine.