Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2014, 04:38 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
There is no API publicly available (at least right now), but plenty of hack-type folks are busily deconstructing the very simple way the browser communicates with the card. The most popular request is an automatic download of the high-res file right after shooting, but raw and video file transfers are up there.

I can "trick" the card into transferring raw files by changing the URL for the high-res from ".JPG" to ".PNG", but that only works on a computer, not on my mobile devices (all iOS, which I guess doesn't know what to do with DNG files). Personally, I'm half-heartedly working a entirely new HTML interface to enable different (but unsupported) drive modes, like a self-timer, AEB, interval shooting, etc.
There is API info of Standard Flucard:

:::: Flucard pro ::::

You may want to ask Pentax to publish their extensions of API. This is a good thing for them to develop interesting applications without their cost.

Last edited by K-3-lover; 03-03-2014 at 05:23 PM.
05-17-2015, 05:32 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K-3-lover Quote
There is API info of Standard Flucard:

:::: Flucard pro ::::
Interestingly, that site is broken now for the most part. Seems like the company gave up.

The docs are still available in the Wayback machine, though:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130923071842/http://flu-card.com/developer.html

However, sadly, the "filelist" operation doesn't work with the Pentax card.

((Update: Surprise! While the "filelist" command didn't work with the original (1.0.0), it works after I just updated it to 1.0.2))

Does someone know a website or forum post where the commands the Pentax FLUcard uses are described? I know, "use Firebug" ... but I wonder if someone did more reverse engineering on it, maybe finding other commands like those the original flucard has (EXIF comment setting is a nice feature, for instance).

Last edited by tempelorg; 05-17-2015 at 05:57 AM.
05-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #33

The best way to hack API is to use a browser dev tool, such as Chrome dev tool. It monitors http traffic (Network tab). You can easily guess what each HTTP request does.
05-17-2015, 06:58 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tempelorg Quote
Interestingly, that site is broken now for the most part. Seems like the company gave up.

The docs are still available in the Wayback machine, though:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130923071842/http://flu-card.com/developer.html

However, sadly, the "filelist" operation doesn't work with the Pentax card.

((Update: Surprise! While the "filelist" command didn't work with the original (1.0.0), it works after I just updated it to 1.0.2))

Does someone know a website or forum post where the commands the Pentax FLUcard uses are described? I know, "use Firebug" ... but I wonder if someone did more reverse engineering on it, maybe finding other commands like those the original flucard has (EXIF comment setting is a nice feature, for instance).
Save the html from a browser. All the api calls are there in JavaScript.

05-17-2015, 07:16 AM   #35

Photos: Gallery
Meh, anyone can use a browser's tool

And, as I've said, it won't reveal any hidden commands. I've done something else to unhide those commands: Thomas Tempelmann | RICOH / PENTAX FLUcard Reverse Engineering

Last edited by tempelorg; 05-17-2015 at 08:39 AM.