Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #1

What neutral density filters sigma 10-20mm? also IR filter 665nm

What neutral density filters should I use for sigma 10-20mm 5.6 dc?

I like landscapes and cityscapes and I am going to Japan so I want to take awesome pix with my k30 and k3. Thanks

Also what about an IR 665 filter for the k30 (I noticed k3 may not be able to shoot IR since it cant see the remote light when doing that test)

Is an IR 665 filter see through like 590nm so one wont need a tripod for light and long exposures?

Thanks

03-03-2014, 01:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A 665R filter is basically a red glass filter, it would pass considerably more light compared to a RM90 filter. There is some academic debate on this but for photogrtaphic purposes the NIR spectrum starts around 720nm, these filters are almost completely opaque to visible light. Be warned, these dark IR filters are rather expensive.

QuoteOriginally posted by erik_corrxx Quote
I noticed k3 may not be able to shoot IR since it cant see the remote light when doing that test
the K5II(s) and the K3 both have exceptionally strong UV-IR cut filters in them, I detected a stop and a half reduced sensitivity compared to the K7, and nearly three stops compared to the K10D.