Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Uniquely useful travel case - Porter Case

Most people have probably never heard of this company, but they make extremely high quality and uniquely useful travel luggage (and they make it just a couple miles from my house, which is how I heard about them). They mostly market to pilots and the like, but they also have a line for photographers. It looks like a normal carry-on roller bag, but with a couple of button presses it becomes a luggage cart that can carry 150 pounds of luggage on top. And most if not all of the parts are replaceable, so if anything breaks, the case isn't ruined.

Porter Case - /main/index.php

They have a version of their travel case that's intended for photographers. Not waterproof like the pelican, but still rugged and water/dust resistant. It won an award from some photo magazine a couple of years back:
Porter Case - /main/hot_one_award.php

03-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the link!
03-05-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

A half-dozen of these could really force me to pare-down and organize my kit. It could be just what I need.
03-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
A half-dozen of these could really force me to pare-down and organize my kit. It could be just what I need.
Hah! Only a half dozen? Nah, just get one and you can carry your other storage systems on top of it. Unless you have more than 150 pounds of gearů then you might need to expand your army.

03-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Let's see... One for K bodies, one for M bodies, one for Mamiya TLRs & lenses, one for 645 & lenses, one for the K-3, K-50, & DA lenses, and one for flash stuff. Crap. I need two more for lenses and filters.
The Canon and Nikon gear will need their own Anvil flight cases.

I have no children. Therefore, I am limited to only two 45-pound bags of kit when traveling.
03-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
Let's see... One for K bodies, one for M bodies, one for Mamiya TLRs & lenses, one for 645 & lenses, one for the K-3, K-50, & DA lenses, and one for flash stuff. Crap. I need two more for lenses and filters.
The Canon and Nikon gear will need their own Anvil flight cases.

I have no children. Therefore, I am limited to only two 45-pound bags of kit when traveling.
You need to borrow some kids! :P
03-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmm… maybe if you got a baby doll head and put it in a carriage that was packed full of camera gear… just make sure it's not the "pees like a real baby" doll unless it's in with your WR gear.