Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IR remote for K-r

Hi

Please advice me a cheap IR remote for my Pentax KR. I have seen the accessories section but I am not sure which one will handle burst mode as well, I am looking to get one with burst mode.

Thanks
S

03-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #2

I have the JCC ($6.99) it works well. If your camera is setup right it will even focus before firing and it works from behind the camera in the house, untested out side.

Amazon.com: remote for pentax: Electronics
03-11-2014, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

I'm no expert but I cannot get my O-RC1 (pentax waterproof) to fire burst mode with either my Kr or my K5. I may only lack qualification and I did not look in the manual but AFAIK it doesn't work
03-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, though I lost my IR remote so I can't test it. The IR mode is a separate drive mode, so you can't select burst mode and IR mode at the same time.

03-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #5

Oops I missed the burst part. No burst available single shot only.
03-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
For the K-r, all IR remotes are going to pretty much have the same capabilities. The range may vary some, but probably not a lot. And by the way, an IR remote advertised for use with Pentax will work with all Pentax cameras that support an IR shutter release.
03-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks all for the inputs, I am presuming from geru2000 that burst/bulb mode works with JCC. I will give it a try anyway.

03-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #8

If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet, (dev says it only works with this model) you can find this on google play: Camera Remote by Andres Sepa. It's free, no ads and works brilliantly with my K-01. Choose Pentax in the settings. Set your camera with whatever remote settings it allows (focus first or not, 2 sec delay or not) then push the button on the app. Like any IR you need to be line of sight holding it more to the front to trigger.
03-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lovepics Quote
If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet, (dev says it only works with this model) you can find this on google play: Camera Remote by Andres Sepa. It's free, no ads and works brilliantly with my K-01. Choose Pentax in the settings. Set your camera with whatever remote settings it allows (focus first or not, 2 sec delay or not) then push the button on the app. Like any IR you need to be line of sight holding it more to the front to trigger.
Samsung Galaxy phone or table with an IR Blaster. Many units in the Galaxy line don't have this feature.
03-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #10

Good point. I've got the S4 and it does. I use my phone as a tv remote, as well. The first sgs I had did not have IR. Thanks for clarifying.