Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Billingham Hadley Pro

I know this may belong in the review section, but just really wanted to share my feelings about this bag.

So, I've been investing in the Pentax System now for one year, and loving' it. A few months into my photographic journey, I decided I needed a camera bag in which I would fit more camera gear, but also stay low key in order to reduce the chance of theft while overseas. With this in mind, I purchased a Bellingham, which although much more expensive than any other camera bag I was interested at the time, was the one that stuck in my mind. Mainly, the reasoning behind it was that it was the only bag in which the "weather sealing" was built into the fabric of TH bag itself, instead of a dedicated weather sealed bag to go other the camera bag. This weather sealing was important, as the Pentax camera system is so wonderfully weather sealed, I expect my camera bag to perform to the same standard.

With this in mind, the answer to me of if I was satisfied, was shortly, YES! After traveling with me to many destinations around Asia, such as Indonesia & Malaysia, and also Around Australia, I have not yet been disappointed. For the detailed review, continue reading.

So how is the bag holding up after 8 months of abuse? Extremely well, in my opinion that is, your own may differ.

Refer photo #1

So, can the Bellingham Hadley actually fit the Pentax K-5 with kit lens? Yes indeed.

Refer photo #2

Next up, what about with the SMC Pentax DA* 16-50 f2.8?

Refer photo #3

So, how Much can you actually fit in this bag, need be? The answer is a lot of camera gear. The list is as follows: K-5, K-1000, M-G, SMC Pentax-M 50mm F2.8, SMC Pentax-DA* 186-50 f2.8, Access 35-70 f2.5-3.5, Access 28mm f2.8, Sigma 70-300, 3 rolls of film, Microsoft Surface Pro, Wallet, Passport and Phone.

Unpacked.

Refer photo #4

Packed.

Refer photo #5

So in conclusion? Is everything good. Well, no, the size of the bag is deceptive, and I often find that I end up carrying to much gear, with m bag routinely tipping the scales at above 6kg. But, I have taken this bag, with gear, into monsoonal thunderstorms, and have found the bag to be at least as weather sealed as a Pentax camera system, with no water or dampness inside the bag after 5+ hours of constant heavy rainfall. With this in mind, I give a rating of this bag 9/10 stars, and would recommend this bag to anyone wanting a durable camera bag which will likely out live multiple camera generations. Thanks for reading!

P.S. If anyone could teach me how to format photos so they are inside the article instead of Attached, it would be extremely appreciated!

---------- Post added 03-17-14 at 01:10 AM ----------

PS, if anyone would like to see me throw a bucket of water at my fully loaded bag, just ask XD!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
03-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Joshua A Quote
So in conclusion? Is everything good. Well, no, the size of the bag is deceptive, and I often find that I end up carrying to much gear, with m bag routinely tipping the scales at above 6kg. !
I think all camera bags have this issue. When you're packing, its not big enough. When you're carrying it, its way too big.
These are very good looking bags, and popular with Hasselbladders too.