Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2007, 11:55 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought the AT-6703 from Amvona (via ebay...much cheaper that way). It's a tripod/monopod combo with a really nice ball head. I bought from them based on the recommendations of a photographer friend of mine. He uses Amvona for all his tripods and lighting.

The tripod is heavy, but it's built like a tank. I knew it would be heavy (they have very detailed descriptions and user reviews), so I got what I expected. The center column reverses for low angle shots, or you can take it out and use it as an adjustable monopod.

Based on the two tripods that I've seen from Amvona, I'd say they're built like tanks. I'm very impressed by them, especially for the money.

If you want a lighter tripod, they also sell carbon fiber ones. Check out their website for info, but buy them through ebay for the best deal. Here's the one I bought:

AT-6703 Professional Tripod by DynaTran™

01-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #17
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
congrats russ
i know you will be happy with it. i like my 858 legs a lot.