Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #1

Gigapn Epic Pro for rent in NYC

Hello Guys

I have a problem

I am an exchange student in New York right now and of course have taken all my Pentax gear with me. Sadly i was not able to fit my own GiganPan Epic Pro into my luggage as well
Yesterday i have been at DUMBO and really liked the spot and decided to to some giganpanning if possible.

I wanted to as if anyone knows a company or individual who/which might be willing to rent a Gigapan to me ?
Preferably with the Pentax/Canon Cable ?

Of course i would be willing to provide some safety deposit or whatsoever.

If anybody knows someone please help me to get in touch with him or her or the company.

Sincerely

Max

03-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rent Giga Pan EPIC Pro Robotic Camera Mount

This is where I rented one from a while back. They even have a pickup location in New Jersey, but it looks a bit far from NYC.

They also have Pentax gear, if you're interested. And I trust you'll get a chance to visit B&H or Adorama while you're in Manhatten.
03-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #3

Original Poster
Yeah,i already have been at B&H. but the thing is that i would like to rent it for 80 dollar and then ship for additional 40.

thats a little bit ...
03-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
Yeah,i already have been at B&H. but the thing is that i would like to rent it for 80 dollar and then ship for additional 40.

thats a little bit ...
Yes, but it's cheaper than $900 for a new one!

That's why I suggested the pickup location, but it looks like it may be too far away if you're not already headed there. Perhaps you can call and ask if they can get the costs down a little. I don 't know if they'll do it, but they are nice to deal with on the phone.

03-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #5

Original Poster
nono, you are absolutly right that it is cheaper then a new one. I just wanted to ask beforehand if anyone of you might have a better idea how i can solve that minor problem. Because as a student in New York the Money is chronically rare