Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Custom-designed arca-compatible plate for the K-3 with battery grip?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mestos-PD-K3HL-Camera-L-Plate-for-Pentax-K3-Vertical-Grip-NEW-/251504990633

Lucky you! Lots of money to be spent...
Panoguy,

Just wanted to thank you again for the information on the L bracket and the ball head input. I did finally order a ball head, the Markins Q20i after much thought. We recently spent a month in Tucson with my son and his family where I had the opportunity to use it viewing desert sunsets. It was a real pleasure and upon returning home my L bracket had arrived and it is a very high quality piece. Fits and looks outstanding. Spent a little more money on the ball head but absolutely no regrets. I am sure it will last me a lifetime. Thanking you again.

07-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. Ed Quote
Panoguy,

Just wanted to thank you again for the information on the L bracket and the ball head input. I did finally order a ball head, the Markins Q20i after much thought. We recently spent a month in Tucson with my son and his family where I had the opportunity to use it viewing desert sunsets. It was a real pleasure and upon returning home my L bracket had arrived and it is a very high quality piece. Fits and looks outstanding. Spent a little more money on the ball head but absolutely no regrets. I am sure it will last me a lifetime. Thanking you again.
No problem. This is great to read, Mr. Ed (straight from the horse's keyboard, as they say)! You will be happy with the Markins, for sure. I've had a Q3 for 8 years now, and the only reason I went to a larger head was because the pan lock started to slip when I used heavier panoramic heads on it.

I'm sure some people here would love to see photos of your new setup, when you stop shooting sunsets, that is!