Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-10-2014, 04:47 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks again, I have ordered the 200AW model, see how I get on with that I really like the idea of the integrated side access for the camera.

05-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
Oh I am on the smaller side, around 5'7"
I'm 5'7", too, although I think of myself as tall (As a woman, I think 5'7" is tall enough to be considered tall, even though I'm on the short side of tall ...)

I have the Lowepro Photosport 200AW and I really like it. It's a good fit and sits comfortably - I'm fairly broad-shouldered. I like the light padding on the hip straps (which also have small pockets - not big enough for a smart phone but will usefully hold other bits.) I used it as my carry-on and frequently as photo expedition bag on a 3-week trip to Borneo earlier this year. In addition to holding my K-3 with 18-135 attached, 55-300 and 77mm f/1.8 in the main camera compartment, I also carried my flash and the 15mm f/4 in the top-loading compartment, as well as a few other camera accessories. The top zip pocket held a few small, flattish items, the internal zip pocket held my passport and wallet, and the bladder in the back held my 11.6" Asus laptop.

I tend to use a sling bag for daytrip photo expeditions in the city if I'm only carrying a camera plus on extra lens or camera plus flash. However, if I carry more than that, I prefer to use the 200AW because it deals with the weight better (less train on my shoulders and lower back).
05-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Excellent, thanks for the reply, sounds like it should be ideal then! Look forward to recieving it, got a trip to the Peak District in a few weeks to road-test it!
05-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Arrived today:

Thats a K-01 with a DA14 (+Hood in soft case) underneath with plenty of room for at least 2 lenses and my DP3M.

05-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
Arrived today:
A very attractive and handy looking pack. Has the additional advantage of not looking like a camera bag.