Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
^^^^^the Lowerpro 300 slingshot very accomodating for 4-5 lens

I personal got the 200 slingshot
I am after something that i can take several lenses.
But at the moment I am finding it difficult in choosing which lenses to take with me.
So for now I am just taking the entire kit ... as best as i can.

05-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
^^^^ no need for Gym work when you everything at your fingertips LOL

As with the lowepro bags there design to add lens cover bags onto them as well
05-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Sprags, sounds like you made a good choice there. The Stealth Reporter you bought is a bit bigger than my Magnum AW, which I was thinking might (just) work with all your kit...but it sounds like a Magnum might have been too small after all. Good to know how much you can fit in the SR bag! I think you'll be happy with it, as I am with mine.
05-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #19

I just bought the M-Rock Arches slingpack (similar to the 300 slingshot in size). I walked into the local camera store and they had one left on sale for 25% off... It ended up cheaper than any I have seen sell on Sleaze-bay....

I had everything STUFFED in a Lowepro micro trekker 200, but the pack was small enough that it did not fit on my back comfortably. It ended up sitting way up high on my shoulder blades. The selling point for me on the sling type, is being able to access the camera without putting the bag down. An all day adventure is going to create sore muscles and a tired back no matter which bag is chosen! Now I have enough room to buy more stuff!

05-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I had the Lowepro Microtrekker 200 but wasnt a fan of the straps. it's on it's way to a new home in Cali.

I kept the LowePro Slingshot 200AW because it's good for me to get selective and carry the k10d, 50-135, 40, 50 and both super wides, plus the 16-45 (even though last time out, I used just the da star, limited and sigma lenses).

For my carry-all or as much as possible bag, I got a tenba P859. comparing it to a domke, I thought the tenba was a lot better (and incidentally, cheaper than the comparable domke bag). my only gripe thus far with that bag is that the 4 lens sleeves are not flexible (ie, not velcro/expandable). means that the sigma 10-20 can be on-camera, and the 50-135 and 16-45 are in the 2 bigger slots, and the other two are kinda limited in what I can get in there, but it holds all sorts of goodies.
no tripod or umbrella slot per se, but i bet you could rig it up.

of you are up for packing light and like the lowepros, i bet something like the microtrekker could do it